Hello all

Hi all, I’ve been reading this forum for a couple of days and thought It was about time I introduced myself.

My name is Paul, I’m 34 years of age and come from Essex.

I’ve basically been doing a dead end job for the last 11 years (security) and due to earning half decent money I just kept plodding on. Well over the Xmas period I had a week off and it sort of hit me, MY GOD HOW MISERABLE AM I. I had a chat with the Mrs and realised that I was coming home from work and just moaning and groaning.

So the decision was made, I was going to do the thing that I had long thought about. HGV C & C+E licence.

So far I’ve had my medical, passed my Theory test and start my class C training on Monday 12th February.

Wish me luck and I will keep you all posted on how I get on.

Cheers, Paul.

welcome to trucknet Paul and good luck.

Keep up posted on your progress and if you have any question, however stupid you think they are :laughing: , Post them on here and somebody will do their best to answer them. :wink:

hi Paul and welcome to trucknetuk.
good luck with the training mate. :wink:

Good luck with the training!

Keep us updated!

And welcome to trucknet!

Started training today with Newcroft and without sounding big headed it went really well.

Size of the vehicle wasn’t daunting, no kerbs hit and I felt ok with the gearbox.
Went through the gear change exercise, uphill and downhill starts and what felt like a million roundabouts. Also went for trip through the local town centre which was a bit of an eye opener.

The one thing the instructor pulled me on a few times was not checking my mirrors which I know is simply a bad habit from driving my car, other than that he basically said that he couldn’t tell that I had no experience with large vehicles.

Now I’m fully aware that you always have a bad day so I’m stopping myself from getting too confident, I just hope my day is not Thursday. TEST DAY.

I would like to mention about Newcroft Training Services, In the last week, due to nerves, I became a little concerned about the lack of correspondence and general customer service that I feel you deserve when paying good money.
Well my concerns were totally unjustified and today my instructor was top class and I would certainly recommend them to anyone in Essex looking for a training school.

good luck weets sound your a natural hope everything goes ok for the test on thursday :smiley:

Welcome to the club and the very best of luck for thursday

Welcome & goodluck mate, all the best for your test

I had a chat with the Mrs and realised that I was coming home from work and just moaning and groaning.

So the decision was made, I was going to do the thing that I had long thought about. HGV C & C+E licence

She’d better get used to it then.

Where abouts in Essex are you? Bas / Wickford way? or more Thurrock

I’ll keep my eyes peeled (and a wide berth :laughing: )

Hi and welcome.

Good luck with the training and all the best on the big day

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

8wheels - Based in Thurrock.

All is going well with the training and I’m feeling reasonably confident for my test tomorrow.

Will let you all know tomorrow how I got on.

Great to hear your training went so well. Hope your test goes well too.
Prior to Monday what was the biggest vehicle you had driven ? had you had an assesment from anywhere ?

Kenny

Weets:
Hi all, I’ve been reading this forum for a couple of days and thought It was about time I introduced myself.

My name is Paul, I’m 34 years of age and come from Essex.

I’ve basically been doing a dead end job for the last 11 years (security) and due to earning half decent money I just kept plodding on. Well over the Xmas period I had a week off and it sort of hit me, MY GOD HOW MISERABLE AM I. I had a chat with the Mrs and realised that I was coming home from work and just moaning and groaning.

So the decision was made, I was going to do the thing that I had long thought about. HGV C & C+E licence.

So far I’ve had my medical, passed my Theory test and start my class C training on Monday 12th February.

Wish me luck and I will keep you all posted on how I get on.

Cheers, Paul.

8wheels:

I had a chat with the Mrs and realised that I was coming home from work and just moaning and groaning.

So the decision was made, I was going to do the thing that I had long thought about. HGV C & C+E licence

I have the opposite problem, and have to listen to her moaning and groaning about me moaning and groaning. :wink:

Im looking for a job in security :smiley:

Test day has been and gone, woke up this morning after a good nights sleep and felt good.

Got to the training centre and met my instructor, he asked if there was anything In particular I wanted to go over and I replied that I just wanted to go for a drive to get in the swing of it all.

So I arrived at the test centre at about 12:40 with absolutely no nerves what so ever and at 12:55 I started my test, did the reversing and controlled braking exercises and out on the road we went.

The drive went really well and before I knew it we were pulling back into the test centre.

He then told me that I had failed, WHAT!!! I honestly couldn’t believe it as everything had gone so well.

I had picked up 5 minors but one serious, with my head racing I was thinking did I hit a kerb, had I pulled out on someone and then he told me that I was 2 inches short of the marked zone in the reversing exercise.

Now it hit me, I didn’t get out of the cab to check my position. I knew I could and I knew I was going to but for some unknown reason I just didn’t get out.

I am so angry with myself for making such a schoolboy error that has basically cost me £230. :imp:

Re-test is next Wednesday so just got to pick myself up and go in with the confidence of knowing that I can do this.

Moral of the story is, for that one tiny hour concentrate hard.

hey don’t worry about it,ok you lost 230 quid but learnt a valuable lesson check and double check,that is whilst hooking up or dropping a trailor and whilst reversing etc. good luck for the retest and remember not everyone gets it first time

sorry to hear that Weets.
but as you say, the only thing to do is pick yourself up, get stuck in and
have another go.
good luck for next wednesday.
you know you can do do it :wink:

sorry to hear that m8, I know its easy to say but don’t let it get you down. You made the misstakes but if you’ve learnt buy them i’m sure you won’t be doing it again.

Good luck with the re-test

:smiley:

Hi all, took my re-test today.

Was a little bit nervous but all went well and as of 15:30 hrs I was officially a class 2 licence holder. :smiley:

I’m well chuffed and hope to get booked up for my class 1 in a couple of weeks.

Now to look for a job.

Well done on passing and welcome to the club - just take your time with the Class one and listen and you will do well

Welcome to trucknet Weets
Good thats the first bit over with and good luck with the class 1
klunk