Hello all

Hello folks,

I joined over the weekend as I’ve started looking into becoming a postman, just kidding of course. I want to go for my class C to earn more money (I live in Birmingham).

Currently I have a PSV license(automatic) with manual car. I’ve been driving double deckers locally for about 4.5 years will this help me get a job when I eventually achieve my class C?

Also do you have to do it 5 days in a row? (The training) I work full time and don’t have any holiday left until after April next year.

I would probably have to get a finance deal or something as well to be honest.

Thanks in advance guys!

Welcome Postie! :smiley:

You can break your training up on days to suit you, if you can set up firm dates way in advance…
But I’d say it’s far better to do it over a 4 day hit, which can span a weekend.

As for a credit, PeteSmythe in Mansfield can help with finance and are a highly respected trainer…

Now tell us, have you ever converted a DD to a single decker? :open_mouth:

Yes, as indicated, we can help with finance (subject to status of course). You may not need a full course unless your experience is outweighed by bad habits.

I suggest you get your CAT C provisional and book some assessment drives. This will give you an idea of the wide difference in what is on offer out there. As for us, I promise you a fair assessment and you may well be able to complete your training over a weekend with your test on Monday. Folks often turn up with their shift rotas and it’s our job to make the training work for you.

You may or may not know that you can train on auto and gain a full manual licence (provided you hold a manual car licence). So that makes life a little more straightforward as well.

If you need any help getting your provisional our customer care team are on hand to help between 0730 and 1800 Monday to Friday.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Finance - have you considered a 2 year interest free credit card :question: :bulb:

Some training schools will do every saturday but at a slightly extra cost

We don’t charge extra at weekends.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Matt87:
I’ve been driving double deckers locally for about 4.5 years will this help me get a job when I eventually achieve my class C?

I wouldn’t have thought driving buses locally will help much when it comes to getting a lorry driving job, but Birmingham’s not a bad place to be for HGV driving work, in fact if you’ve got transport and you’re prepared to travel I’d say it’s a pretty good place for HGV work.

Evil8Beezle:
Welcome Postie! :smiley:

You can break your training up on days to suit you, if you can set up firm dates way in advance…
But I’d say it’s far better to do it over a 4 day hit, which can span a weekend.

As for a credit, PeteSmythe in Mansfield can help with finance and are a highly respected trainer…

Now tell us, have you ever converted a DD to a single decker? :open_mouth:

Hey!

With how much they change the rota at work I couldn’t guarantee days in advance but I didn’t realise I could do it over a weekend so that’s good to know thanks man!

Yeah Peter sent me a message I’ll reply to shortly and fortunately no I haven’t converted to a single deck lol

Peter Smythe:
Yes, as indicated, we can help with finance (subject to status of course). You may not need a full course unless your experience is outweighed by bad habits.

I suggest you get your CAT C provisional and book some assessment drives. This will give you an idea of the wide difference in what is on offer out there. As for us, I promise you a fair assessment and you may well be able to complete your training over a weekend with your test on Monday. Folks often turn up with their shift rotas and it’s our job to make the training work for you.

You may or may not know that you can train on auto and gain a full manual licence (provided you hold a manual car licence). So that makes life a little more straightforward as well.

If you need any help getting your provisional our customer care team are on hand to help between 0730 and 1800 Monday to Friday.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Hello Peter,

I will reply to you shortly and I’ve already sent off for the documents over the weekend so should have those in a week roughly.

I’ll go ahead and reply to your mail now.

Many thanks :smiley:

ROG:
Finance - have you considered a 2 year interest free credit card :question: :bulb:

Some training schools will do every saturday but at a slightly extra cost

It didn’t cross my mind to be honest but I will look into that definitely thanks mate :smiley:

tachograph:

Matt87:
I’ve been driving double deckers locally for about 4.5 years will this help me get a job when I eventually achieve my class C?

I wouldn’t have thought driving buses locally will help much when it comes to getting a lorry driving job, but Birmingham’s not a bad place to be for HGV driving work, in fact if you’ve got transport and you’re prepared to travel I’d say it’s a pretty good place for HGV work.

Ah right I’ll play that card in my applications just in case but you’re probably right. I do have my own car though so that’s good to know!

Never mind answered my own question :blush: