Hello again

I passed my lgv 1 last february but since then have been driving lgv 2 still and for last 8 months a dusctcart. I only have to use a manual logbook for hours so have forgotten all the rules. I am now going for an lgv 1 job and have a questionnaire to fill out and am stuck on a few questions that i cant find answers too anywhere really and one or two that i can but will put them down anyway as im here!! :smiley:

Could anyone help with the following:

how often should the fith wheel be checked and lubricated?

an attendant must accompany you when your load is wider than what?

Hard ! — if you work for more than one employer you must return your completed tachograph charts to■■? first? second employer? the one i worked most hours for or one who supplied charts?

easy probably but will type anyway - you must ensure that your tacos are returned within ?

Max number of hours you can work in any one day (i put 10 here)

in a damage only accident what details must you and other driver exchange

you approach an overbridge and no height limit is marked the bridge will have a clearance of at least ■■? in feet and inches

under the RTD working time includes what?

should ur digital tacho card fail to register whilst on duty what should you do?

how long in advance will the system warn you that you are approaching 4.5 hours of continous drivinng?

when should you UPLOAD your digital tacho card? eg beginning of each shift…end…once a week

should u insert card at start of shift or only when start driving eg insert in lorry then go into office to sort maps out etc or only when getting in truck to drive off?

does your tacho card address LEGALLY need to match your driving licence address?

If the incorrect mode switch is used how would u rectify this? eg manual entry?

thanks in advance for time and dont worry im good driver so some questions u might really worry whos on the road but dont ha! ahem… :open_mouth: :laughing:

crispybacon:
how often should the fith wheel be checked and lubricated?

I don’t think this can be answered with one time period. The 5th wheel should be checked as part of your daily checks but you wouldn’t grease it every day.

crispybacon:

No idea, I don’t do and have never done wide load stuff.

crispybacon:
Hard ! — if you work for more than one employer you must return your completed tachograph charts to■■? first? second employer? the one i worked most hours for or one who supplied charts?

If those are the only answers available then it is an out of date. You must return charts to the transport concern whose orders you were subject to while driving the vehicle. So if you work for more than one company in a week you return the relevant charts to each company.

crispybacon:
easy probably but will type anyway - you must ensure that your tacos are returned within ?

Charts must be returned within 42 days counting from the day after the latest date on the record.

crispybacon:
Max number of hours you can work in any one day (i put 10 here)

The maximum working hours in a shift/day is 15 hours. 24 hours in the day - 9 hours reduced daily rest = 15 hours. The 10 hours is maximum driving between rest periods.

crispybacon:
you approach an overbridge and no height limit is marked the bridge will have a clearance of at least ■■? in feet and inches

16 feet 6 inches

crispybacon:
under the RTD working time includes what?

Driving and other work

crispybacon:
should ur digital tacho card fail to register whilst on duty what should you do?

Take a print out at the start and end of the shift. Print your name, sign and write your driving licence or digi card number on the rear of the printouts

crispybacon:
how long in advance will the system warn you that you are approaching 4.5 hours of continous drivinng?

15 minutes

crispybacon:
when should you UPLOAD your digital tacho card? eg beginning of each shift…end…once a week

Not sure what they mean here. You don’t upload a digi tacho card. It must be downloaded at least every 28 days but that doesn’t appear to be one of their answers.

crispybacon:
should u insert card at start of shift or only when start driving eg insert in lorry then go into office to sort maps out etc or only when getting in truck to drive off?

If you have access to a vehicle it should be inserted at the start of the shift. If you don’t have access to the vehicle until later in the shift you will have to make manual entries to account for the time from the start of the shift

crispybacon:
does your tacho card address LEGALLY need to match your driving licence address?

No.

crispybacon:
If the incorrect mode switch is used how would u rectify this? eg manual entry?

By means of a manual entry on a chart or in the case of a digi on a printout.

thanks very much! just a couple more things…the RTD requires

a. That mobile workers should not work more than 6 consecutive hours
b. That mobile workers should not work more than 4.5 consecutive hours
c. ‘’ ‘’ ‘’ 9 consecutive hours
d. ‘’ ‘’ ‘’ 10 consecutive hours

Thinks answer maybe six. When i ws multidropping in London this caught me out. I always kept an eye on breaks but the tacho started flashing a warning and someone mentioned working time directive. I am a bit confused about breaks during the day and having to keep and eye on woorking times directive also…The rules are beyond ridiculous someone somewhere is having a laugh. The amount of hoops they make us trained monkies jump through is a joke anyway the other queststions - in a damage only accident do you give other party a-name and personal address, b name + address of owner of vehicle, reg number of vehicle, or just name and address of insurance co?

does other duties on tacho include things such as refuelling, cleaning vehicle, maintenance and vehicle checks? thanks again. :sunglasses:

crispybacon:

3.5m.

crispybacon:
thanks very much! just a couple more things…the RTD requires

a. That mobile workers should not work more than 6 consecutive hours
b. That mobile workers should not work more than 4.5 consecutive hours
c. ‘’ ‘’ ‘’ 9 consecutive hours
d. ‘’ ‘’ ‘’ 10 consecutive hours

Thinks answer maybe six. When i ws multidropping in London this caught me out. I always kept an eye on breaks but the tacho started flashing a warning and someone mentioned working time directive. I am a bit confused about breaks during the day and having to keep and eye on woorking times directive also…The rules are beyond ridiculous someone somewhere is having a laugh. The amount of hoops they make us trained monkies jump through is a joke anyway the other queststions - in a damage only accident do you give other party a-name and personal address, b name + address of owner of vehicle, reg number of vehicle, or just name and address of insurance co?

does other duties on tacho include things such as refuelling, cleaning vehicle, maintenance and vehicle checks? thanks again. :sunglasses:

No worker should work for more than 6 consecutive hours before taking a break.

In the event of an accident you should give your name and address and insurance details if you know them.

“Other Work” is any work that is not driving, so yes refuelling and cleaning the vehicle is other work as is vehicle checks and maintenance.