hella sockets

start a new job monday tramping and im gonna be cab hoping for bit and as i have only ever driven r series scannys id like to know if the following have a 12v hella socket that can run a 150 w inverter
man tgx
volvo fh
merc megaspace
daf xf
just so i know if i need to change the plug on my inverter cant be doing without my laptop at night

cliffton 27:
start a new job monday tramping and im gonna be cab hoping for bit and as i have only ever driven r series scannys id like to know if the following have a 12v hella socket that can run a 150 w inverter
man tgx
volvo fh
merc megaspace
daf xf
just so i know if i need to change the plug on my inverter cant be doing without my laptop at night

The newer MAN its down by the passenger footwell ont he volvo and the daf its the normal type dont know about the MERC

O and the ■■■ lighter socket on the MAN is 24 volt so dont make the mistake there lol

if your cab hopping why not just buy a adapter they are only a few quid then it dont matter what socket the truck has

taffytrucker:
O and the ■■■ lighter socket on the MAN is 24 volt so dont make the mistake there lol

thats just stupid what about charging phones sat nav etc as they all come with a standard 12v plug

cliffton 27:

taffytrucker:

thats just stupid what about charging phones sat nav etc as they all come with a standard 12v plug

Most of the phone chargers now are 12/24v and if you got a snopper or something like that you be fine using 24v socket :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

cliffton 27:

taffytrucker:

all phones and satnavs seem to charge ok from 12v or 24v , infact most can be charged from 240v mains eleccy. shucks some drivers eh

green456:

cliffton 27:

taffytrucker:

all phones and satnavs seem to charge ok from 12v or 24v , infact most can be charged from 240v mains eleccy

Bit hard to find 240v when sat parked up at night lol it also depends what lead you have to charge them with. some phone chargers are only 12v

green456:
if your cab hopping why not just buy a adapter they are only a few quid then it dont matter what socket the truck has

Amusingly as a day driver, around half the crap I carry in my bag is cables and adaptors inc hella to double ■■■ socket with a 1m spiral cable & ■■■ socket to 3 way splitter with a 2m lead, plus a 24/12V dropper in case I`m unsure about the voltage or worried about letting the smoke jeany out. Add in the cables for the phone & hands free, Satnav & crash cam & the junk soon adds up

my lead when pop so im using a little plug for the ■■■ lighter that has a usb socket in it that aint gonna take 24v :smiling_imp:

cliffton 27:
my lead when pop so im using a little plug for the ■■■ lighter that has a usb socket in it that aint gonna take 24v :smiling_imp:

Some do, I’ve got 3, 2 of them work fine in 24v, 1 doesn’t which is why it’s on my computer desk, not in my work bag

I just bought a 12/24v 200w inverter £32 does what it says on the tin.

green456:
all phones and satnavs seem to charge ok from 12v or 24v , infact most can be charged from 240v mains eleccy. shucks some drivers eh

My sat nav charger melted when used in a 24v socket…

there is no Hella plug in a 12 reg Merc Actros (or if there is i aint found it yet)