hella power sockets

Hey all,

Got my first job, just started doing some nights out and been using the cigarette lighter to charge my sat nav and phone charger. Want to take maybe my small portable dvd player and maybe a small in car kettle with me. I noticed the extra 2 power sockets in my scania one 12v and one 24v, looked online and noticed on here called hella power points.

What are they for? is it a more reliable power source than just using the cigarette lighter? why is it a different fitting than a normal cigarette lighter fitting? I am going to go to maplins tomorrow and get some adapters and multi sockets for the hella sockets but was just after some info on it and if i was better using the hella sockets.

cheers in advance

jiggacook:
Hey all,

Got my first job, just started doing some nights out and been using the cigarette lighter to charge my sat nav and phone charger. Want to take maybe my small portable dvd player and maybe a small in car kettle with me. I noticed the extra 2 power sockets in my scania one 12v and one 24v, looked online and noticed on here called hella power points.

What are they for? is it a more reliable power source than just using the cigarette lighter? why is it a different fitting than a normal cigarette lighter fitting? I am going to go to maplins tomorrow and get some adapters and multi sockets for the hella sockets but was just after some info on it and if i was better using the hella sockets.

cheers in advance

Hella Sockets and Plugs make better contact and are safer, cigar lighter sockets are cheapo stuff from China with soldered wires, the Hella type allow you to fit them yourself with a small screwdriver. The best if you always have the same truck, if not make a little heavy duty adaptor lead up, with a cig socket on one end and a Hella plug on the other. It helps you if you are using different types of trucks everyday