Height indicator

3 metres/ 9’10" you NEED one. :grimacing: tell him ■■■■ off. :sunglasses:

Tell your boss to look up the following regulation which will show him the law

Reg 10 Road Vehicles (con and use) reg 1986
States if overall travelling height of vehicle including trailor exceeds 3m (9.10) then a height plate must be fitted in cab then goes on about size of letters etc.
Tell him that and let him look for himself.
Stefluc

Driveroneuk:
Nothing more damned annoying than an adustable height indicator being placed on the passenger side as so many are. :imp:

You should see why they placed it in our CF’s. I kid you not, its about 8 inchs off the dam roof! And ours are the bigger cab variants.

Stefluc:

States if overall travelling height of vehicle including trailor exceeds 3m (9.10) then a height plate must be fitted in cab then goes on about size of letters etc.
Stefluc

Thanks for that Stefluc…I’m going to print out the ref document and leave it on his desk for him…thanks for response’s

trooper2290:

Stefluc:

Stefluc

Thanks for that Stefluc…I’m going to print out the ref document and leave it on his desk for him…thanks for response’s

10.—(1) This regulation applies to every motor vehicle which is—
(a) constructed or adapted so as to be capable of hoisting and carrying a skip;
(b) carrying a container;
(c) drawing a trailer or semi-trailer carrying a container;
(d) engineering plant;
(e) carrying engineering equipment; or
(f) drawing a trailer or semi-trailer carrying engineering equipment.

Just had a look and the text doesn’t seem to be conclusive… any thoughts?

Bought a rigid puddle jumper last yr fresh MOT 3.6m high & no in cab height indicator, which did surprise me.

Reg 10a refers to height warning devices. Which includes skips and such like if the travelling height exceeds 3m they have to be fitted with an audible warning,are you not thinking of this trooper 2290 as each regulation is specific for different things.
Stefluc

Stefluc:
Reg 10a refers to height warning devices. Which includes skips and such like if the travelling height exceeds 3m they have to be fitted with an audible warning,are you not thinking of this trooper 2290 as each regulation is specific for different things.
Stefluc

I’ll read them again …