"Heavy Haulage through the years"

Spotted today

A new GMC with a smart Doosan swing shovel aboard broken down on a long hill on the road from Periera to Armenia.

I can just imagine the conversation “Well Guvnor when it should have gone brum brum it just went poodle poodle.”

David

jsutherland:

Dirty Dan:
Thanks mate! Well ive been here just lurking looking around to see that you are good :smiley:
About the snow,hmm well up there it can be but i dont think it last to long. It the first snow the year up there so.

Did a big CAT D10 from gothenburg a couple of weeks a go,acctually to pretty mutch the same place as they cruscher. Strange that is i havent been up there for atleast 10-15years and two times a mounth.
The trip whent well but there are a couple 8-9%hills but my truck is really good puller so no problem :sunglasses:

Danne

Thanks Dan. It sure looks a heavy one. Is your truck still going well after getting a new turbo a while back?

Nice photos.
Johnny

Hi Johnny!
Sorry missed this,Yeah its working great now so all good here! Evan got the fuel down from 70.0/100 km to 69.3/100 km :smiley:

Danne

Article from 1983.

Click on page twice to read.

I was always led to believe that hauling stuff for the military was a good paying job. I don’t know if it is still the same?
These three members of the Dub’Ya Nine Club were at the TA at Hillsboro in Texas; always a good spot to spot some good heavy-haul loads.

A mixed selection.

hh352.PNG

hh358.PNG.jpg

hh362.jpg

DEANB:
A mixed selection.

Interesting! I wouldn’t trust a contractor named Crook (Pic 6) for any work!

Picture 8 probably shows the “Armistice Carriage” being put back to its place in the “Clairière de Rethondes” near Coimpiègne after WW ii. Its in this carriage that was signed the capitlation of Germpany on November 11th, 1918. Displayed at Rethondes in 1927 as a memorial, it was removed by Hitler in June 1940 and later destroyed. A replica was then put back into place in November 1950.
fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wagon_de_l%27Armistice

Cheers to Mr. Miller, Mr. Hackford and Mr. Oily for digging into that Spanish mystery :wink:

DEANB:
Patrick !!! The old Crusader is just about to have its doors blown off chap !!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Nah, you’ve got it all wrong mate, that Volvo is trying to keep up, I repeat, IS TRYING :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

As an old Crusader driver i’d say Patricks got that right.

David

Cheers to moomooland, Dean and Herr Sutherland for the pic’s and article :wink:

Just to inform you Johnny, you’ve actually posted some material mate! :laughing:

David Miller:

David

Cheers Mr. Miller, next round is on me! :laughing: :laughing:

ChrisArbon:

I was always led to believe that hauling stuff for the military was a good paying job. I don’t know if it is still the same?
These three members of the Dub’Ya Nine Club were at the TA at Hillsboro in Texas; always a good spot to spot some good heavy-haul loads.

Cheers for posting that Chris, reckon it’s still a good gig to do, firm I work for has done quite a lot for the (Dutch) army over the years, gets you to some “exotic” places from time to time…

David Miller:
Spotted today

A new GMC with a smart Doosan swing shovel aboard broken down on a long hill on the road from Periera to Armenia.

I can just imagine the conversation “Well Guvnor when it should have gone brum brum it just went poodle poodle.”

David

Had such a similar conversation some years ago, happened in Switzerland, gave the guv a ring and said “I can see the piston of the 4th cylinder from the outside”… long silence, then the guv said, “no idea what you’re on about, but I’ll put you through to the workshop…” :wink:

Some wagons I’ve spotted in the last few months…

20160812_100159.jpg

20160812_100107.jpg

20170921_130202.jpg

20170925_190154.jpg

20170927_090752.jpg

20171026_135101.jpg

20171026_135143.jpg

Some more German heavy haulage companies.

wasel_schwertransporte_1.jpg

pv83:

DEANB:
Patrick !!! The old Crusader is just about to have its doors blown off chap !!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

volvo88 planthaul.PNG

Nah, you’ve got it all wrong mate, that Volvo is trying to keep up, I repeat, IS TRYING :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Your definately on drugs chap ! :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

David Miller:

David

I am disappointed in you David ! :unamused: :wink:

Patrick, time for some quality chap ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

89volvo5.jpg

89volvo6.jpg

volvofb88.PNG

volvo88 planthaul.PNG

I’m sorry you are dissapointed Dean. I also drove an 89 and they were, no argument, a fantastic truck. But the Crusader with the bigger Rolls Royce option (330 was it) was a flying machine.

David

David Miller:
I’m sorry you are dissapointed Dean. I also drove an 89 and they were, no argument, a fantastic truck. But the Crusader with the bigger Rolls Royce option (330 was it) was a flying machine.

David

305 RR Eagle, IIRC. Robert

David Miller:

David

No need to apologise David, Dean’s just jealous because he never got the chance to drive one of those proper lorries :laughing: :laughing:

Nice pic’s though Dean, cheers for posting mate :wink:

jsutherland:
Some more German heavy haulage companies.

Vielen dank Herr Sutherland :wink: