"Heavy Haulage through the years"

jazzdrummer:
FAO DeanB

Three purchased 1988-89 for GEC Stafford. ALE provided the staff and operated them. ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ engine/transmission.

Then went to GEC-Alsthom, which then became Alstom who operated them themselves.

ALE then bought-out Alstom Distribution Services Division in 2004-ish and the trucks were operated by ALE again, still in Alstom colours but with ALE stickers. Eventually they got painted into ALE colours and then got sent to South Africa.

Another question answered, cheers jazzdrummer :wink:

pv83:

Froggy55:

pv83:
Must have missed that one Froggy, can’t remember seeing it in the Saterday…

Sorry, but I was wrong! The truck I was thinking about was a Kaelble, THE other German heavy haulage spécialsit!

Must be this one then Paul :wink:

That’s it! I browsed through my pictures, and it appears I forgot to photograph it. It had just been bought by a preservation society for some € 1200 at an auction (read that in the last Charge-Utile issue), I think, and they’re planning its full restoration.

pv83:

gerard:
Did anyone come across a company called Fallon haulage from leeds , they used to move a lot of heavy machinery back in the 70’s and 80’s . They had a yard on Whitehall road they also had a place beside A1’s trailer park at birstall

I’m sure Dean has got a picture of them hidden somewhere in his vast archive :wink:

Here you go Gerard, Fallon of Leeds with a mighty F89 ! :smiley:

jazzdrummer:
FAO DeanB

Three purchased 1988-89 for GEC Stafford. ALE provided the staff and operated them. ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ engine/transmission.

Then went to GEC-Alsthom, which then became Alstom who operated them themselves.

ALE then bought-out Alstom Distribution Services Division in 2004-ish and the trucks were operated by ALE again, still in Alstom colours but with ALE stickers. Eventually they got painted into ALE colours and then got sent to South Africa.

Cheers jazzdrummer for the info. Heres another article about them from 1989.

Click on pages twice to read.

Great photo Deanb that’s how I remember Fallons

Dirty Dan:

Froggy55:

Dirty Dan:
Well some great pics you put on here! Thanks :smiley:
Here is one i did last week,not so heavy (18400kg) but it sure was big 10m long and 3.9m wide and just under 4.5m loaded. But biggest problem was that it was 2.54m between the back wheels so it was good to have the hydralic adjusters :sunglasses:
Tomorrow im of to Norway to pic up my new trailer so tomorrow its a goooood day :smiley:

Danne

What do you use this kind of harvesting machine for in Sweden? Corn?

Hi froggy! Its used for al sorts of grain(right word?). The thing you put in front of it was 35" wide and it was sent earlyer on other truck. Right word for it??

Danne

Thanks! Probably the Scandinavian climate makes this caterpillar equipment indispensable even to harvest wheat and barley. Here in France, they use it only in marshy areas for corn harvesting.

DEANB:

jazzdrummer:
FAO DeanB

Big Jiggers Deanb and good to see the ■■■■■■■ K19 under the bonnet IMO a great motor but I would dispute the 900hp setting as the 750 units were /are twin turbo set at 600hp they would eat that weight.

Cheers Dig

DIG:

DEANB:

jazzdrummer:
FAO DeanB

Big Jiggers Deanb and good to see the ■■■■■■■ K19 under the bonnet IMO a great motor but I would dispute the 900hp setting as the 750 units were /are twin turbo set at 600hp they would eat that weight.

Cheers Dig

Hello Dig, you know more about them than i do mate ! :wink:

Article from 1993 about John Golding.

Another oldie A Burrell and heavy load

Froggy55:

pv83:

Froggy55:

pv83:
Must have missed that one Froggy, can’t remember seeing it in the Saterday…

Sorry, but I was wrong! The truck I was thinking about was a Kaelble, THE other German heavy haulage spécialsit!

Must be this one then Paul :wink:

That’s it! I browsed through my pictures, and it appears I forgot to photograph it. It had just been bought by a preservation society for some € 1200 at an auction (read that in the last Charge-Utile issue), I think, and they’re planning its full restoration.

Well, that’s going to keep them busy if they’re planning a full restoration…

Cheers for posting the articles Dean :wink:

Does anyone know what happened to John Golding?

les freathy:
Another oldie A Burrell and heavy load

Cheers lea freathy :wink:

In France courtesy of Alexandre Prevot.
Oily

Heavy Haul AP 5929586527_22e9372056 ap _b.jpg

Heavy Haul ap (3).jpg

oiltreader:
In France courtesy of Alexandre Prevot.
Oily

Nice ones Oily, cheers mate :wink:

DEANB:

Worked alongside Pete (the driver of the Faun) for a while, and am still in touch with him, He is one of the all time heavy haulage legends. he has some great photo’s of jobs all around the world he has been on, I will ask if I can post a couple on here

Rikki-UK:

DEANB:

Worked alongside Pete (the driver of the Faun) for a while, and am still in touch with him, He is one of the all time heavy haulage legends. he has some great photo’s of jobs all around the world he has been on, I will ask if I can post a couple on here

That would be grand Rikki, ta mate!
Did you have a go in that Faun as well? If so, how was the handling?

Cheers, Patrick

Now all you trucking sleuths perhaps you would like to tell us whats different about the K19 engine fitted in the Faun.
Bottom right picture I don’t think I.m as clever as Dean B with the expanding pic so you may have to look at his original to sleuth out what I.m getting at but try the double click it may work.

Cheers Dig

Rikki-UK:

DEANB:

That would be great Rikki-UK. Try and encourage him to visit the forum.
Regards
Johnny

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

pv83:
Cheers for posting the articles Dean :wink:

Does anyone know what happened to John Golding?

I think Bubbs would know Patrick. I believe he died but i dont know if he had already sold the business/trucks by
then ■■

A mixed selection.

hh291.PNG.jpg

hh293.jpg

hh294.jpg

hh82.jpg