"Heavy Haulage through the years"

Buzzer

Here you go Chris, a French heavy from back in the day… :wink:

Looks like they’ve used two Roger tank trailers, and I guess that they locked the turntable on the last one?

Screenshot_20230608_165737_Samsung Internet.jpg

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Interesting Wynns outfit there Buzzer, cheers!

DISPATCHER:

pv83:
One of those “oh bugger” moments…

Hi Patrick

I know what you mean!!

:blush:

Star down under.:

Very interesting looking trailer SDU, any more info about it please?

jsutherland:

oiltreader:
All credit to Richard Says for the photos.
Oily

Thanks Oiltreader

+1 :wink:

DEANB:

Dennis Javelin:
“Buzzer”

When this pic was taken Siddle C Cooke was part of the NFC through their acquisition of Tayforth some years before. It always seemed strange to me that the NFC had group companies competing against each other.

That pic was taken in 1969,heres a bit about it.

Click on twice to read.

I see you’ve found another “shed” in your archive Dean… :unamused: :laughing:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

From the Peter Lee collection :wink:

Spardo:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Love the McFadyens Scania on Shetland, but do they really need 16 wheels? :astonished: :open_mouth: :laughing:
BTW, one of the few places in UK that I have never visited, would love to put that right but I fear a bit late for the bucket list now. :cry: :wink:

The weight of the tower sections is between 30 and 60t if I remember correctly Dave, so you probably wouldn’t get away with it with just a 4x2 unit pulling :laughing:

Some years ago our lot had a project to Shetland, but it sounded more exotic than it really was, as they never left the docks at Lerwick! Still, not many drivers on the continent can say that they’ve been up to the Shetland islands.

pv83:
Here you go Chris, a French heavy from back in the day… :wink:

Looks like they’ve used two Roger tank trailers, and I guess that they locked the turntable on the last one?

Hi Patrick
looks like the rear trailer in the opposite way round and being steered by the unit at the back, we used to secure the drawbar
to the load

Tommy P. leaving Wadebridge today with a 25 ton excavator en route to The three Counties show at Malvern.

Buzzer

353599214_10160679053764376_4951043028845393640_n.jpg

Just out of curiosity, but is this an ex- Felbermayr unit?

Screenshot_20230613_193348_Samsung Internet.jpg

Buzzer

pv83:
Just out of curiosity, but is this an ex- Felbermayr unit?

No ! Mike collected it new direct from Zwolle IIRC ! :wink:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

The last one looks a rigid 14x4; I hope axles 3, 6 & 7 are steered, but what kind of equipment is it? Concrete pump?

Froggy55:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

The last one looks a rigid 14x4; I hope axles 3, 6 & 7 are steered, but what kind of equipment is it? Concrete pump?

F55 I think it is a crane especially with the amount of out riggers, if it was a concrete pump surely it would have far less wheels and as you say would need steering axles, Buzzer.

Buzzer

Froggy55:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

To the right hand side towards the rear of the cab can be seen a twin suspension hook,so my guess is it’s a mobile crane……?

David

Senior MAP HH Driver Jase Cope transporting a 60 ton Liebherr machine today. Full lock on the self steers Jase ! :wink: