"Heavy Haulage through the years"

Top team on the move yesterday moving this 70 ton piling rig ex Liverpool to Peterborough

Junior top team on the wide stuff earlier this week Wishaw to Addlestone.

NMP, But IIRC Jonnie Roddam drove it, The last time I had a drink with him was in Labour Club drivers reunion before the Covid started, He still keeps in touch with my pal Jimmy Blackburn who worked alongside him at Martin Cooks, Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
0NMP, But IIRC Jonnie Roddam drove it, The last time I had a drink with him was in Labour Club drivers reunion before the Covid started, He still keeps in touch with my pal Jimmy Blackburn who worked alongside him at Martin Cooks, Larry.

Larry, side loading has always been a bit dodgy, is it still allowed?

Star down under.:

Lawrence Dunbar:
0NMP, But IIRC Jonnie Roddam drove it, The last time I had a drink with him was in Labour Club drivers reunion before the Covid started, He still keeps in touch with my pal Jimmy Blackburn who worked alongside him at Martin Cooks, Larry.

. I dont think so, HAS Regs wouldnt allow it now,Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

Star down under.:

Lawrence Dunbar:

. I dont think so, HAS Regs wouldnt allow it now,Larry.

Load Restraint Guidelines cover it here.
I had four short chains, that I would hook on each corner on the inside of the tracks, then dog the front ones back and the back ones forward. Never had a problem, but now the track frame has to be chained instead.

Buzzer

330633541_761439778629225_2150429891622118927_n.jpg

All credit to Peter Schöler for the photos.
Oily

Heavy Haul PS 51976827313_c186175143_o.jpg

Heavy Haul PS 51975743942_8a5a274f01_o.jpg

Heavy Haul PS 51957910771_ec3ba26fc9_o.jpg

Heavy Haul PS 51956923262_d89ef51ec1_o.jpg

Heavy Haul PS 51903267769_3e32387c3a_o.jpg

Heavy Haul PS 51876955413_4de80bc2eb_o.jpg

Heavy Haul PS 51876867411_0048036333_3k.jpg

Heavy Haul PS 51438907161_c83caad4f4_3k.jpg

Heavy Haul PS 50918518016_27efc7e146_o.jpg

Ontario Community Archive.
Oily

Photos credit to Foulger Rail Photos.
Oily

Buzzer

B0E7BFFF-F486-4ED5-BB39-D2B34CD3AA3D.jpeg
A fleet of V8 Bedfords and they still use the Foden :sunglasses:

Top outfit at work on this shot !

Buzzer

Buzzer:
Buzzer

LOL Buzzer,very drole!

David

Punchy Dan:

This was obviously some kind of publicity shot because I’m sure the landing legs are down on that trailer so when the Foden was dragged out from under the Scania would be coupled up and take the trailer away ! The term “Skin off a rice pudding” comes to mind when looking at that shot ! Cheers Denzil :blush: :open_mouth: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bewick:

Punchy Dan:

This was obviously some kind of publicity shot because I’m sure the landing legs are down on that trailer so when the Foden was dragged out from under the Scania would be coupled up and take the trailer away ! The term “Skin off a rice pudding” comes to mind when looking at that shot ! Cheers Denzil :blush: :open_mouth: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

No way, The Foden could cope with anything Dennis, :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , I know you never rated the good old Fodens as being any good, But lots of companys ran them like good old self and made a few bob doing so, Take care and stay safe my friend, Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

Bewick:

Punchy Dan:

No way, The Foden could cope with anything Dennis, :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , I know you never rated the good old Fodens as being any good, But lots of companys ran them like good old self and made a few bob doing so, Take care and stay safe my friend, Larry.

You know it Larry these Fodens go anywhere :smiley: