"Heavy Haulage through the years"

DISPATCHER:
We have had it to easy, I see a lot of photos on Fb and TNUK that i am surprised people put on due to the nature of loads!!
I can remember when we used to have get a special ministry permit to use a trailer which exceeded 9ft 6in in empty state as we had several ex US army trailers in excess of 10ft

Sorry about feet+ inches old school i am afraid

Bit of a different world nowadays Chris, unfortunately…

DIG:
I bet the driver of this load had a firm grip on the seat with both hands on the wheel it being a single drive unit, a bogie drive would have been better but not foolproof.

Dig

It’s quite remarkable what they would load on single drive units back in the day DIG, it wasn’t for the faint hearted :wink:

oiltreader:

Froggy55:
Concerning heavy haulage, nothing stops the Swiss:

youtube.com/watch?v=iBJoSGEhtrc&t=1s

Brilliant video Froggy :smiley: steady, measured, calculated and not a hard hat in sight, a few hi viz, also nonchalant attitude to steel ropes under strain.
Oily

Great video Paul, cheers!

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Is that a unit of Sunter’s?

Thanks for the good wishes Johnny , ever onwards and upwards y’know .

Buzzer

pv83:
“Buzzer”]

Is that a unit of Sunter’s?

Definately Sunters Patrick. :wink:

One of there Scania’s from 1977.

Buzzer

Buzzer

318361974_684515896362474_3576891254039415958_n.jpg

Buzzer

Buzzer

youtu.be/NeWuyjaX5Qg

Buzzer

Buzzer

Buzzer

Yesteryear in the Netherlands, bit before your time Patrick :laughing:
Oily

All credit to Jacob for these photos.
Oily

Homegrown with credit to eastleighbusman for the photos.
Oily

oiltreader:
Yesteryear in the Netherlands, bit before your time Patrick :laughing:
Oily

I remember it like it was yesterday Oily :laughing: :laughing:

The tractor unit in the second pic is a A.S (Auto Schmidt), Dutch built fitted with a Kromhout diesel IIRC. Not many were made and as far as I know, none of them got preserved unfortunately.

The fourth pic shows a ex-military unit (REO…?) owned by Wassink, they did some big jobs shortly after the war and well into the 50s, making use of whatever they could lay their hands on. One of the sons emigrated to Australia in the 70s and started a haulage firm there, not sure if it’s still going though. Maybe DIG knows…?

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Cheers Buzzer :wink:

The kit that the Brazilian Scanny is pulling looks interesting, I assume that it’s manufactured in South America?