"Heavy Haulage through the years"

DISPATCHER:
We have had it to easy, I see a lot of photos on Fb and TNUK that i am surprised people put on due to the nature of loads!!
I can remember when we used to have get a special ministry permit to use a trailer which exceeded 9ft 6in in empty state as we had several ex US army trailers in excess of 10ft

Sorry about feet+ inches old school i am afraid

There’s very few of us on here who would understand metric. We’re just adjusting to decimal currency at the moment, metric measurements are next on our to do list.

Collets loading at Ayr docks

DIG:
I bet the driver of this load had a firm grip on the seat with both hands on the wheel it being a single drive unit, a bogie drive would have been better but not foolproof.

Dig

And with all that power from the Percy 180 too,lol!

David

Punchy Dan:
A 80 tonne gross DAF heads out for the day :laughing:

All I would comment Dan’l is that if you were able to load that DAF to 80 ton gvw I’d steer well clear of Stafford on the M6 and that is always assuming you could get that far without blowing tyres off and losing drive on the unit ! It’s a bad time of year to get “banged up” I reckon ! :wink:
Or looking at the shot on second thoughts is the DAF and lowloader the back up for the Foden if it conks ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: All the best for Christmas and the New Year ! Denzil.

Buzzer

Concerning heavy haulage, nothing stops the Swiss:

youtube.com/watch?v=iBJoSGEhtrc&t=1s

Froggy55:

That was monstrous Froggy, and not a Kenworth or Foden in sight. :unamused: Thanks for posting it. :laughing:

Spardo:

Froggy55:

That was monstrous Froggy, and not a Kenworth or Foden in sight. :unamused: Thanks for posting it. :laughing:

Just to let you know dave I was 80 on Wednesday and will get my monster pension boost on Monday . Wait for it , 25p per week , don’t know what to spend it all on !

Spardo:

Froggy55:

Just to let you know dave I was 80 on Wednesday and will get my monster pension boost on Monday . Wait for it , 25p per week , don’t know what to spend it all on !

rigsby:

Spardo:

Froggy55:

If you post it twice does that make an extra 50p then? :laughing: :laughing:

Happy Birthday anyway, I’ve got another 26 days to go. Already had my 2 French increases though, and a bit more than 25p. :laughing: :smiley:

Just adopted another dog too, a little Lab X girl who in human years is even older than me. She will be 91 on January 1st. :wink: She runs faster than me too. :unamused:

Froggy55:

Brilliant video Froggy :smiley: steady, measured, calculated and not a hard hat in sight, a few hi viz, also nonchalant attitude to steel ropes under strain.
Oily

Buzzer

oiltreader:

Froggy55:

Brilliant video Froggy :smiley: steady, measured, calculated and not a hard hat in sight, a few hi viz, also nonchalant attitude to steel ropes under strain.
Oily

And no wine until job done, but I would be a tad worried walking near those hawsers. :smiley:

Spardo:

oiltreader:

Froggy55:

Oily

And no wine until job done, but I would be a tad worried walking near those hawsers. :smiley:

Great viewing Froggy agree with the other comments just wondered what size the king pins and turntable jaws and why not mounted on Ball race turntables.

Dig

Bewick:

Punchy Dan:
A 80 tonne gross DAF heads out for the day :laughing:

All I would comment Dan’l is that if you were able to load that DAF to 80 ton gvw I’d steer well clear of Stafford on the M6 and that is always assuming you could get that far without blowing tyres off and losing drive on the unit ! It’s a bad time of year to get “banged up” I reckon ! :wink:
Or looking at the shot on second thoughts is the DAF and lowloader the back up for the Foden if it conks ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: All the best for Christmas and the New Year ! Denzil.

More like the other way round Denzil ,bah humbug :smiling_imp:

Buzzer

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Estimating…28ft high?

(I won`t convert it to metres, enough about that elsewhere already)

Franglais:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Estimating…28ft high?

No elf & safety there either, how did they manage, :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Buzzer

Buzzer:

Franglais:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Estimating…28ft high?

No elf & safety there either, how did they manage, :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Buzzer

Apparently nobody footing the ladder, only one foot on a rung, circus performer on top, and not a hard hat or gilly joan in sight. :laughing: :laughing:

rigsby:

Spardo:

Froggy55:

Hey Rigsby, happy birthday.