"Heavy Haulage through the years"

Buzzer:
Buzzer

If those two Volvos were put over the weighbridge I doubt whether they would be allowed to proceed looking at the drive axle on the front unit !
Cheers Bewick.

Bewick:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

If those two Volvos were put over the weighbridge I doubt whether they would be allowed to proceed looking at the drive axle on the front unit !
Cheers Bewick.

I thought they looked heavy too Bewick unless he’s got a soft tyre?

Buzzer

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Top shot Buzzer :wink: :wink:

Buzzer

MAP Heavy Haul moving a hard worked 70 ton excavator today with senior Cat 3 Driver Jase Cope at the wheel !

Buzzer

Buzzer

Buzzer

This is a picture from my sister’s family tree research, can anyone date the TR2 please? My closest guess is '53~'55.

Apologies for the orientation, it’s a phone photo, of a photo, sent to my phone.

Turned it for you, Buzzer

Thanks Buzzer.

Buzzer

296685814_1483350725455490_8080284264644377685_n.jpg

I was intrigued by the Glasgow reg no on this truck and internet searches led to this site edwardbeck.webs.com/. Hopefully of interest to anyone who hasn’t already seen it.

Edward Beck Foden.jpg

Buzzer:
Buzzer

That’s a rare picture Buzzer,Consolidated Land Services Big J and still sporting its Indian chiefs head!

David

Dennis Javelin:
I was intrigued by the Glasgow reg no on this truck and internet searches led to this site edwardbeck.webs.com/. Hopefully of interest to anyone who hasn’t already seen it.

Teddy Becks bought a few double drives from McKelvies,who were Glasgow based,which probably answers your question.

David

5thwheel:

Dennis Javelin:

Teddy Becks bought a few double drives from McKelvies,who were Glasgow based,which probably answers your question.

David

Hi David,

According to that site it’s an old Pickfords unit bought from them after de-nationalisation. My initial thought was that it might have belonged to John Young’s as they were big fans of Foden’s.

Southwaite Services northbound yesterday.
Oily

5thwheel:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

That’s a rare picture Buzzer,Consolidated Land Services Big J and still sporting its Indian chiefs head!

David

Did they ever put the Chief’s head on the Big Js? Or has it been knicked from an Invincible? I don’t remember if I had one on my Big J, but I certainly remember the one on my Invincible. :wink:

And CLS, weren’t they the successors to North Lincs Haulage, formed after industrial trouble at the latter, or a buy out? I used to do a lot of Scunthorpe steel back in the day and they were everywhere. Got it as back loads from another firm who had a yard west of the town, can’t remember the name. :unamused: