"Heavy Haulage through the years"

Good stuff again Froggy and Patrick and as you and DeanB are pretty good on the detection field I have been trying to find some shots of a low loader suspension made here in Perth West Aus,It was produced by either Boomerang or Bosch engineering and was a a wire cable suspension ,no springs no hydraulics just wire ropes and pulleys with swinging arm radius rods.
Anything like that produced your way.

Cheers Dig

These iron ore cars headed for the Mt Newman Port hedland line are made of stainless steel.

pv83:
https://youtu.be/n-DgJZUxTZ8

youtu.be/inYllg8hs6c

A proper watch instead of that filth on the telly :wink:

A really great video! The trafic scenes are also quite tasty, withy cars I still used to see in the mid-60s like Ford Popular and Austin A 25.

Yes, your crane looks to me built on a R 15 truck, though I had never seen this picture before. Below are two more R 15s with heavy loads. The second is fitted with the straight-8 engine.

Diagram of the R 115 TP. R 115 differs from R 15 by the braking system. TP means both rear axles are driven, and the suspension specially reinforced.

pv83:
The newer models are only fitted with the smaller cab for some reason…

Interesting, I had never heard of SIVI before! The Italians have always been very clever in building viaducts and tunnels (just have a drive between Ventimiglia and Genova…), and I always considered the Turbostar as the best truck of its generation! I suppose that drivers and ather staff of such heavy transport sleep in hotels; that may be the reason why narrow cabs are fitted by SIVI today.

In France courtesy of Alexandre Prevot.
Oily

Heavy Haul AP 5904034361_2c25d52eb3_ap b.jpg

Heavy Haul AP 5556795060_484eb78222_ap b.jpg

Heavy Haul Alexandre Prevot 9549506788_1de7434217_apo.jpg

A mixed selection.

hh200.jpg

flickr.com/groups/1555887@N22/

Stiller DAF 3300.jpg
Stiller DAF.jpg
Stiller MAN.jpg
Stiller Scania.jpg

Stillers DAF.jpg

DEANB:
A mixed selection.

Tasty pictures! One was tken in Frontignan, probably in the 1960s; that’s where I passed my truck driving licence in 1979. On the other one, the truck on the left of the picture is undoubtedly a big Willème, fitted with the straight-8, looking to the width of its radiator; a pity it was cut by the photographer!

Edward Beck & Son Ltd Website.

Froggy55:

DEANB:
A mixed selection.

hh204.jpg

Tasty pictures! One was tken in Frontignan, probably in the 1960s; that’s where I passed my truck driving licence in 1979. On the other one, the truck on the left of the picture is undoubtedly a big Willème, fitted with the straight-8, looking to the width of its radiator; a pity it was cut by the photographer!

Heres some more “Froggy55” :wink:

hh204.jpg

hh208.jpg

hh209.jpg

Cracking pictures DeanB. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Boalloy LV Cabbed ERF 64GX heavy duty 4x2 tractor unit Reg No YDB 601 pictured here in 1965 while loading up an International (Hough) loading shovel on the quayside at the now long gone Salford Docks.

Throughout the 1960’s one of the company’s main contracts was collecting and delivering American built Caterpillar & International heavy plant machinery from Liverpool and Salford docks as well as from Caterpillar’s own manufacturing plants in Glasgow and Birtley.

Edward Beck invested heavily to ensure they always had around 50 trailers parked up at any one time on the docks so as and when a ship docked all imported Caterpillar equipment could be loaded and taken off the dockside immediately, thus saving Caterpillar a fortune in quayside storage fees.

Edward Beck & Son Ltd Stockport

moomooland:
0Boalloy LV Cabbed ERF 64GX heavy duty 4x2 tractor unit Reg No YDB 601 pictured here in 1965 while loading up an International (Hough) loading shovel on the quayside at the now long gone Salford Docks.

Throughout the 1960’s one of the company’s main contracts was collecting and delivering American built Caterpillar & International heavy plant machinery from Liverpool and Salford docks as well as from Caterpillar’s own manufacturing plants in Glasgow and Birtley.

Edward Beck invested heavily to ensure they always had around 50 trailers parked up at any one time on the docks so as and when a ship docked all imported Caterpillar equipment could be loaded and taken off the dockside immediately, thus saving Caterpillar a fortune in quayside storage fees.

Edward Beck & Son Ltd Stockport

Is that a Smith & Robinson AEC MM Mk.III tanker in the background bunkering the ship?

Thanks to Monseigneurs Oily, Stanfield, Moomooland and Dean for the pic’s! Grand stuff lads, cheers! :wink:

Travelcenter of America [TA] at Hillsboro, Texas. The only truckstop I know that has specially marked over-size parking spots for heavy-haul vehicles.

A mixed selection.

What an excellent thread! It has only appeared since I have been without a Broadband connection so I got some reading to do! I understand that it was put up by a young Prince of the Heavy Haulage. Good for him, it is very interesting.

I was never involved in the heavies, unless you count running persistently overloaded, but these last weeks without a connection I have been going over my photographs and find there are several that might be of interest. Such as this, for example

Heavy Haulage vehicle unloading some laundry equipment shipside in Genova, late 1960’s. The hosses look pretty fit considering they must have had a long pull up Mont Cenis (check out the oversize mountain brake-blocks). More to follow.

David

1956 and Scammell 4x2 tractor unit Reg No GXC 446 is pictured at the premises of Robert Watson Ltd Bolton after loading up with a large steel vessel destined for the Kelloggs factory at Trafford Park Manchester.

Taking time out for a photograph are, left to right Albert Wesley and Emmanuel (Manny) Hodgkinson.

Thanks to Chris Arbon, Dean and moomooland for the pic’s. :wink:

And a very big welcome back to David Miller, good to see you’ve got things up and running once again mate :wink:

Still not sure about that “prince of heavy haulage” title though… :laughing:

Some wagons I’ve bumped into in the past few weeks…

20170816_203034.jpg

20170816_101314.jpg

20170809_105625.jpg