"Heavy Haulage through the years"

Kocaman is a heavy haulage company based in Turkey and have depots in Mersin and Istanbul. They transport oversized loads throughout Europe and the Middle East.

Additional information is available via their web site is http://www.kocamantransport.com/.

Another impressive oversized “convoi exceptionel” load by the Turkish company Kocaman Transport http://kocamantransport.com/.

I came across this old timer - really old timer - short video on YouTube and thought some of the viewers on here might also like it.

Heavy Haulage in Camborne, Cornwall, UK on Trevithick Day in 2015.

youtube.com/embed/JkEDjjA8zw8

Things have changed quite a bit since then…

Hi all, nice bit of film with the 2 steamers working together although it did look at the start the second one was doing all the work judging by the black smoke he was putting out. :sunglasses:

gerbil sb152:
Hi all, nice bit of film with the 2 steamers working together although it did look at the start the second one was doing all the work judging by the black smoke he was putting out. :sunglasses:

The first one was newly greened running on electricity. :laughing: :blush:

But yes, a lovely bit of film, were they really going as fast as they appeared to me to be? :astonished:

Kempston:

Bewick:
MAP Heavy Haul

Looks like a bit of an overkill with a motor that size carrying something like that imo.

:unamused: overkill

thank you exactly

Dennis Javelin:

Kempston:

Bewick:
MAP Heavy Haul

Looks like a bit of an overkill with a motor that size carrying something like that imo.

Could have been returning from another job that required that size of rig.

Hi all, yes have to agree could have been lot’s of reason’s only vehicle available, just a paying load to get some where or as you say a quick easy back load. :sunglasses:

gerbil sb152:
Hi all, yes have to agree could have been lot’s of reason’s only vehicle available, just a paying load to get some where or as you say a quick easy back load. :sunglasses:

When Alexander Dennis were still building their chassis in Guildford they would get the finished article taken up to Falkirk for bodying by A D Bowes in their vehicle transporter trailers. Sometimes Bowes would then take a load of chassis parts from one of ADL’s suppliers up here in Scotland back down to Guildford. Always looked a bit strange seeing a vehicle transporter loaded with pallets but I guess it made sense rather than running back down the road empty.

A 50 tonne jcb on the move with this top quality outfit :sunglasses:

Punchy Dan:

:laughing: :laughing: :unamused: :laughing:

Bewick:

Punchy Dan:

I hope you got a movement order for your trip on Saturday Denzil :laughing:

Punchy Dan:

Bewick:

Punchy Dan:

Unfortunately Dan’l your Intel is 24 hrs out :wink: ! The movement order is for Friday and I will be “square wheeled” on Saturday ! But now you have given me another problem as I will now have to suss out the I.D. of the Mole in the camp ! :angry: :open_mouth: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Denzil.

I have no idea what the gross weight here is but I don’t think it would matter much where they were working
at the time.
One of Spardos favourite units.

Dig

Bewick:

Punchy Dan:

Bewick:

Punchy Dan:

Unfortunately Dan’l your Intel is 24 hrs out :wink: ! The movement order is for Friday and I will be “square wheeled” on Saturday ! But now you have given me another problem as I will now have to suss out the I.D. of the Mole in the camp ! :angry: :open_mouth: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Denzil.

I’ll give you a clue Denzil ,the mole is the same age as my self on the same day and he’s been seen driving a day cab in fulll hi viz :open_mouth: :blush: :laughing:

DIG:
I have no idea what the gross weight here is but I don’t think it would matter much where they were working
at the time.
One of Spardos favourite units.

Dig

Is it an Oshkosh, Dig, the forward sloping single screen appears to ID it? Yes, my first interstate job, Sydney-Melbourne, which I declined. :wink: :laughing:

Not counting NT-WA of course as NT isn’t a state. :unamused:

I never thought there was anyone at MAP as old as you Dan’l so it was probably the old geezer who does a bit of part time on that “big rig” when the work is busy, which it normally is ! Cheers Denzil.

Right way up :smiley:

Cheers John :wink: :smiley: Bit taters up 'ere today and I bet it’s even colder up Wrighty’s way Brrrrrr! Regards Dennis.

This smart looking wagon is from Allegro Transport AG. They are based in Luzern, Switzerland and run approximately 30 different types of wagon and trailer combinations. More information and pictures can be viewed here (German only): Allegro Transport AG, Buttisholz - Effizient und kundenorientiert.