"Heavy Haulage through the years"

Pic of the week, found it on a French heavy haulage forum.

Would the carriage have been destinated for the Parisian metro network Paul, Michel?

pv83:
Is it fair to assume that the brakes were pretty much non-existing…? :wink:

Absolutely, the only thing that worked was a rigid right leg, back and shoulder stressed from the brake pedal to the seat back which was itself hard against the cab metal. Also handbrake at the very last notch. Then, of course, one of those dangly Virgin Marys much beloved of the Spaniards would have been handy. :unamused: :laughing:

Reminded me of my first Albion 4 wheeler going down that steep drop into somewhere in Herefordshire after a seal burst and all the red stuff spurted out. :smiling_imp:

pv83:

flammen:

Obligatory mid 80s shell suit jackets all round in that last picture!

Great set of pic’s flammen, cheers! Was this the job where they delivered it to a museum? I remember reading about it somewhere, but never saw any footage of that particular job.

That’s the Turbinia being delivered to the Discovery Museum , ( the former CWS building)
In Blandford St. Newcastle.

kevmac47:
That’s the Turbinia being delivered to the Discovery Museum , ( the former CWS building)
In Blandford St. Newcastle.

Yep, I’m interested to go there just to appreciate how they got it in the Museum… but something you don’t see too much of anymore, at least you don’t see hundreds of people coming out to have a look thats for sure… most people got their head jammed in an iPad these days!

7BEA5B58-EFB9-4DA9-85EB-127FD4D2F587.jpeg
A real heavy haulage out fit takes this 25 tonne rig to Scotland :smiley: :laughing:

:open_mouth: :confused: :blush:

Punchy Dan:
A real heavy haulage out fit takes this 25 tonne rig to Scotland :smiley: :laughing:

I’d feel very happy taking a load out that you had secured Dan, it’s exactly how I used to do it, very neat and safe. I’ve driven with other drivers that would laugh at me for the way I secured the load with the usual default comments of ‘that won’t move, you don’t need to strap that etc’. I know which I would rather do. I always enjoyed driving along knowing the load was well secured as opposed to driving along thinking god I hope nothing happens.

Thank you for the compliment,45 degrees often finds the loose bits :open_mouth: :laughing:

Punchy Dan:

Those tiny rollers will be warm by the time you drag that to Scotland! :open_mouth:

Pete.

pv83:

Would the carriage have been destinated for the Parisian metro network Paul, Michel?

$

The metre-gauge railcar bears the logo CFC (Chemin de fer de la Corse). Heading for the Corsican railway network, stille operating today with modern equipment.

windrush:

Punchy Dan:

Those tiny rollers will be warm by the time you drag that to Scotland! :open_mouth:

Pete.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

David

And if it’s to be believed that that “Skateboard” has 25 ton on it then someone is smoking some dodgy ■■■■ ! :unamused: :blush: :confused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I had thought that but did not like to say anything. :sunglasses:

The fleet all Cat powered except one ■■■■■■■ missing 2 Mack Super liners and mine. :unamused: :unamused: :wink:

Dig

Froggy55:

pv83:

$

The metre-gauge railcar bears the logo CFC (Chemin de fer de la Corse). Heading for the Corsican railway network, stille operating today with modern equipment.

Never having been to Corsica (many plans made over the years but never actually got there!) I presumed the railway would have been part of SNCF. Not so apparently.

Hi all, the CFC train carriage being pulled by the Berliet was Department 63 registered would have been quite a drag from there where ever it was going. Anyone know what year that was.

gerbil sb152:
Hi all, the CFC train carriage being pulled by the Berliet was Department 63 registered would have been quite a drag from there where ever it was going. Anyone know what year that was.

I’ll do my best to know more about it, and will keep you informed.

Five railcars of this model (X 2000) were built for the Corsican Railways, and two for the Provence Railways (both meter gauge) in 1975-76, in Montmirail (département of la Marne, in the Champagne area). No idea why a truck belonging to a haulier based near Clermont-Ferrand took this one down to Marseille, but it certainly took quite a time, such trucks having a max speed of some 30 mph.

More here: traincorse.free.fr/technic/cfd.html

A Class Heavy Haulier in action today operating state of the art equipment moving a 70 ton payload for a quality client.