"Heavy Haulage through the years"

Kempston:

Buzzer:
Just the one, Buzzer

It looks like that’s seen some life Buzzer :laughing:

That looks like the one Special Transport/Econofreight had up in Norway…

pv83:

Buzzer:
One for you heavy hauliers, Buzzer

Didn’t they had “Nene Vorsitzer” written on the cabs later on, when they entered the Merc era? Does anyone know what that actually meant?

Hi Patrick with it being Peterborough Heavy Haulage ,Peterborough is by the River Nene so i assume the lorries were named along those lines don’t know if they were named different or all Nene Vorsitzer which is German and roughly translates as regulator/chair person according to Google although someone out there may have a more definitive description.

Heavy Haulage Group from 1975.

Click on pages twice to read.

hh group 75 ppg.jpg

Hi all, the picture punchy Dan put on with the Genie S85 was told a little fib they only way in at 18 ton and also if you know what you are doing you can roll the cage right under the boom so it sit’s with the boom level and nothing out the back or up high, also we had to put 6 chain’s were not allowed to jut do 3, Health and Safety don’t you know. :sunglasses:

Pointer 1962.

hh pointer 62 phh.PNG

DEANB:
Pointer 1962.

Another of my favourite cabs, roomy, comfy and with great vision. A first in my experience was the metal, and therefore bird strike resistant exterior visor, also a cig lighter in the dash. :astonished: :laughing:

One small drawback though was the weird ratchet handbrake, the handle of which rested on the floor and, in the one I drove anyway, needed to be stamped on with the left heel to release. This made a release and smooth start impossible on an incline.

A couple of your’s DISPATCHER. :wink:

A02960.JPG

A02961.JPG

I notice that “newmercman” has not been on for along time ?

DEANB:
Heavy Haulage Group from 1975.

Click on pages twice to read.

Nice to see the faces that were behind some of the biggest names in the HH sector, cheers Dean :wink:

gerbil sb152:
Hi all, the picture punchy Dan put on with the Genie S85 was told a little fib they only way in at 18 ton and also if you know what you are doing you can roll the cage right under the boom so it sit’s with the boom level and nothing out the back or up high, also we had to put 6 chain’s were not allowed to jut do 3, Health and Safety don’t you know. :sunglasses:

I thought that only worked with the bigger ones…?

Spardo:

DEANB:
Pointer 1962.

Another of my favourite cabs, roomy, comfy and with great vision. A first in my experience was the metal, and therefore bird strike resistant exterior visor, also a cig lighter in the dash. :astonished: :laughing:

One small drawback though was the weird ratchet handbrake, the handle of which rested on the floor and, in the one I drove anyway, needed to be stamped on with the left heel to release. This made a release and smooth start impossible on an incline.

Cheer up you old bugger, you could have ended up driving a Atki Borderer! Ahum… I’ll get me coat :blush:

DISPATCHER:

Cheers Chris, what was that dolly made of shown in the first pic?

B599C83B-74F0-4491-9680-EEF0AAE6359F.jpeg
I heard of wafer beds but I can go lower than a snakes belly

pv83:

DISPATCHER:

Cheers Chris, what was that dolly made of shown in the first pic?

Hi Paul Sorry I don’t know it was hired from a local construction company, it wasn’t very good after several trips it ended up in a field and tore the 5th wheel of the unit.

pv83:
Cheer up you old bugger, you could have ended up driving a Atki Borderer! Ahum… I’ll get me coat :blush:

I did, and was not unhappy with that either. :wink:

Spardo:

pv83:

I did, and was not unhappy with that either. :wink:

:laughing: :laughing:

Punchy Dan:
I heard of wafer beds but I can go lower than a snakes belly

:laughing: :laughing:

jshepguis:

pv83:

Buzzer:
One for you heavy hauliers, Buzzer

Didn’t they had “Nene Vorsitzer” written on the cabs later on, when they entered the Merc era? Does anyone know what that actually meant?

Hi Patrick with it being Peterborough Heavy Haulage ,Peterborough is by the River Nene so i assume the lorries were named along those lines don’t know if they were named different or all Nene Vorsitzer which is German and roughly translates as regulator/chair person according to Google although someone out there may have a more definitive description.

Aah, I didn’t knew that about the river Nene, still an interesting thing to put that on the cab though, ta for the info mate :wink: