"Heavy Haulage through the years"

On the move…

Henschel/Mercedes in Finland…?

One to keep the people in the other camp happy… :blush:

Is this a spiced up NH12?

pv83:

Just looked up the NH 12 owners site, seems they’re a fairly big outfit from Argentina. Q a few videos on the site as well moving abnormal stuff.

Looks like a quite a task for the Foden on its own, all credit to Bruce Paroissien for the photos.
Oily

Heavy Haul OZ Bruce Paroissien cc by nc sa 2.0 2600109608_bf7e16ef76_b.jpg

short walk:

pv83:

Just looked up the NH 12 owners site, seems they’re a fairly big outfit from Argentina. Q a few videos on the site as well moving abnormal stuff.

Ta for the info :wink:

oiltreader:
Looks like a quite a task for the Foden on its own, all credit to Bruce Paroissien for the photos.
Oily

That’s either the biggest donkey engine I’ve seen to power the hydraulics on the trailer… or it’s a massive back up for when the 8 pot Gardner with it’s stunning 150hp can’t handle the weight on it’s own… :laughing:

DIG:
An amusing incidence I experienced a few moons ago,we had just started a weekly second freezer/general oil field freight service to Onslow a small coastal town 1300km north of Perth and then service to an onshore oil rig working in the great sandy desert a further 1000kms north of Onslow.
I was unloading in Onslow when one of the skippers of a barge doing the Barrow Island run approached me and as he was on 6 weeks break asked if I wanted company for the trip to the oil rig,I had first met him about 3 years before and we had got on well as so I had said no problems I will be ready to leave shortly grab your swag and we will be on our way.
Ray my companion was proving to be good company so once we got north of Port Hedland we had 700kms of just open road before our next town Broome just some station turn offs and 2 road houses anyhow I said to Ray would you like to have a drive he jumped at the chance and he told me had a licence but hadn’t had much chance to use it being at sea a fair bit anyhow off we went I sat with him for a while then said your going well I might have a snooze if your ok he replied no problems so I settled down and had a couple of hours when I woke to hear Ray calling.
I said whats wrong he said I passed a F100 ute heading south and it turned around and he’s behind us flashing his headlights ,I Looked in the n/s mirror and realised it was the Heavy Haulage inspectors who carried the portable scales and at that time it was manned by 2 police officers who lived in Port hedland.
We pulled over and I jumped out with my paper work and was immediately fronted by one of the officers the other went to chat with Ray ,my paper work was all in order then he asked me if I owned the truck I said yes then he said and whats your drivers name I said Ray he said Ray who I replied buggered if I know what his surname Iv known him for a while but we never got around to surname unbeknown to us Ray had the same problem with the other officer not knowing my surname he just knew me as Dave ,as everything was in order paper work plus driving licences and they could see our weight was low plus all the mechanicals and tyres were ok they buggered off leaving me and Ray to get better acquainted .
We have had a few laughs and beers over that incidence over the years unfortunately Ray passed away recently but he will always be a remembered as a good mate with a sense of humour. :smiley: :smiley:
Cheers Dig

Nice one DIG.

An Oshkosk - an American company Oshkosh Corporation - Wikipedia - https://www.oshkoshcorp.com

jsutherland:
An Oshkosk - an American company Oshkosh Corporation - Wikipedia - https://www.oshkoshcorp.com

Cheers Herr Sutherland :wink:
Somewhere in South America by the looks of it? It’s coupled to a lot of Goldhofer axles though, interesting 2nd axle on the Oshkosh, doesn’t seem that it left the Oshkosh works with that fitted?!

DAF 2600

Any 304s? This is the Heavy thread, after all! :smiley: Did any FTT3500s make it into the heavy haulage game, or did they remain in the military?

[zb]
anorak:
Any 304s? This is the Heavy thread, after all! :smiley: Did any FTT3500s make it into the heavy haulage game, or did they remain in the military?

We’re slowly getting there mate, just like with proper heavy haulage from back in the day :wink:

The FTT3500 was a test vehicle, the order went to FTF in the end, and the one remaining DAF ended up in the fleet of Sarens. Not sure what happened to the other test vehicles?

Busy week for me, went out to Seattle with the transformer, the customer in Winnipeg requested me to do it as I did the last (and first) one, which is good to hear, nice to know you’re appreciated. Reloaded the Fendt tractor in Dupont WA for Humbolt SK, ran a 100miles east to a one horse town to load the 16’ wide Case Steiger 500, I drove it up on the trailer first go, dead center and dead straight, hard to do with anything articulated. Dropped that off 500miles away just outside Edmonton AB, then I picked up the loading shovel from Edmonton and took it to Kamloops BC where, after having the day off today, I’ll unload it in the morning, again I drove it on perfect, so the next one is guaranteed to be a complete nightmare to load on! In total Saturday morning to the following Saturday evening I did just under 4,000miles.

Interesting pictures and comments but, unless trucks are allowed some 100 mph, how long can you drive in a day/eek in the USA? 4000 miles in a week is over 1000 kms per day on a 6-day week!

How sweet that they have a special parking area reserved for rattlesnakes, be nice to the wildlife and it’ll be nice to you…won’t it? :confused: :laughing:

Love the mirror extensions NMM, when I worked for Econofreight all those years ago if there was one thing I hated with a vengeance, it was wide loads, high, long and heavy, bring it on, but not being able to see down the side, :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

I cobbled those together myself David, they give a surprising amount of extra view.

Froggy 55, I cruise at 65mph and I’m allowed 11hrs driving per day in the US and 13hrs a day in Canada. Saturday morning through to the following Saturday evening is 8 shifts, I’m allowed 70hrs on duty in a rolling 7days in Canada, 70 in 8 in the USA, I only do 12hr days mostly, but I still manage 1,000kms easily, sometimes I’ll have an hour’s snooze during the day, especially if I’m heading west during sunset and the sun is trying to burn out my retinas.