hh keogh phh.PNG

Any idea of the trailer make anyone ■■
My guess Dean would be Dyson.
Oily

oiltreader:
Oily

Could be Oily,not sure have some Dyson stuff but not like the ones in the pic. :wink:

Its amazing how many trailer manufacturers there were back in the 50’s,60’s’70’s.

Alex Scott,a contracted subcontractor to SoM hauling Caterpillar equipment from Glasgow area I believe.

5thwheel:
Alex Scott,a contracted subcontractor to SoM hauling Caterpillar equipment from Glasgow area I believe.

I believe that Alex Scott was a wholly owned Subsidiary of SOM and the same was true of A & E Morris (Lettering on the side of the low loader) who again were their West Midlands based subsidiary. Because of the very restrictive carrier licencing system in force prior to Operator licencing in 1970 it was easier to just buy out the shareholding in the target firm and then carry on operating as a free standing firm. Obviously SoM re liveried the acquired firms vehicles identical to their own but the lettering remained that of the original firm. There were also taxation advantages which J & A utilised ! wink wink !! Cheers Dennis.

Cfat

Brackmills Volvo F12 with extended cab.

DEANB:
A & T Keogh Foden.

Click on page twice to read.

Hi Deanb,started my transport career as 2nd man in this Foden,George being the pilot on a push and pull rig taking steel fabricated roof trusses to Wylva power station from Redpath Dorman Long in Trafford Park,most enjoyable days too.
Thanks for your post re Tommy Keogh’s,a great reminder of days past.NMP.

A big shout out to everyone keeping this thread going during my absence :wink: And for once, not too much drivel was posted…ahum I’ll get me coat…

DEANB:

oiltreader:
Oily

Could be Oily,not sure have some Dyson stuff but not like the ones in the pic. :wink:

Its amazing how many trailer manufacturers there were back in the 50’s,60’s’70’s.

Could it be a “self engineered” piece of equipment? As a lot of firms did seem to build there own trailers, Heanor comes to mind…

Speaking of which, I bumped into a few pic’s of this trailer, any thoughts?

robthedog:
Cfat

Is that N12 ex-Econofreight?

5thwheel:

DEANB:
A & T Keogh Foden.

Hi Deanb,started my transport career as 2nd man in this Foden,George being the pilot on a push and pull rig taking steel fabricated roof trusses to Wylva power station from Redpath Dorman Long in Trafford Park,most enjoyable days too.
Thanks for your post re Tommy Keogh’s,a great reminder of days past.NMP.

Please do feel free to share some stories on here :wink:

DEANB:
Looks like he was lucky not to go through the railings. Anyone know if thats a bridge he has just gone over ?

Holy moly!!!

Nostalgic pic of the week, big Willeme.

DEANB:
A & T Keogh Foden.

Hi Dean,the vessel benefits from some signage indicating it was manufactured by…Engineering Ltd,
Holly Hall,Dudley not Dukinfield at all as stated in the description,something amiss there!
Although far right was George and far left was Chris Bennett who went on to found Chris Bennett Transport Ltd,which is still active.

David

This must have been back breaking to drive… Is it a Schneider?

From the oldest to the latest…

A 1940’s Kenworth, the tank above the cab was filled with water to cool the brakes whilst decending steep hills.

68250559_10156846328241715_3003886842488553472_n.jpg