Heavy haulage recovery

i got class 1 licence but would like to go into recovery but i have no mechanical qualifications,is their any company in cambs area that takes ne 1 on like this ,
i contacted f1 personnel and they have offered me work, as a aa patrol recovery 5 days on 3 days off with 3 diff start times for £10 hour 11 hours a day plus other benefits over time @ £14 .

i alrdy drive for a haulage firm delivery all round the country but would like to see another aspect

Try tears recovery at sutton bridge my dad works there they got 2 artics a low loader with hiab and one without. :sunglasses:

hope this helps mate

cheers love machine ,but do they take people on with no qualifications for mechanics etc ■■

Hi I have done some tow and recovery over here not heavy though… the patrol is the best way to start then you learn the basics re tie down and how to use the winch and get vehicles up the you. the mechanical stuff will follow and the mechanical side will take care of it self if you have experience. its a good challenging field every day is different and every problem is different . just make sure you can call up and ask some of the dumb questions when you start… I learnt by riding with someone I knew for a month. he taught me the basics then I got to go out by myself and had lots of fun and challenging experiences. if you like the work you will be hooked and find it hard to do any thing else because of the variety
there are quiet times but then the fun begins when its busy. the time you know your suited to this type of work is when you have been on call 24 hours and your out pulling a car up in the pouring rain from the mud and you turn to your self and say “yeah this is an ok job”
cheers
meggala

funkyfella:
cheers love machine ,but do they take people on with no qualifications for mechanics etc ■■

sorry about late reply mate not been on for a while.

Not sure about qualifications but a bit of knowledge might help. I think they look for qualifications if your applying to be a roadside technition but on as they like to call it “the big stuff” dont think it really matters

they also now have to use tachos if they go out of a 60 mile radius of base.

I wouldnt mind the job but I hav’nt got a license to drive anything over 3.5 tonnes