Heater

Can anybody help me with my bleeding night heater? I’m in a 68plate daf xf. The only time it works is when the engine is still warm using the residual heat. I’ve read the manual and can’t see really where I’m going wrong. Cheers

Tommytoes:
Can anybody help me with my bleeding night heater? I’m in a 68plate daf xf. The only time it works is when the engine is still warm using the residual heat. I’ve read the manual and can’t see really where I’m going wrong. Cheers

On the dash should be a switch with a P and wavey lines that’s ur night heater according to you tube Daf instructor. cant get the link up sorry
Just found this it also depends on the options fitted

youtu.be/0Yg437mwl6U

nick2008:

Tommytoes:

On the dash should be a switch with a P and wavey lines that’s ur night heater according to you tune Daf instructor.cant get the link up sorry

Yea I’ve got that mate cheers it just only seems to work till residual heat has gone then cuts out.

if the P light is staying green ,then it is probably the 3/2 valve under the grill …a£50 piece of ■■■ that may have failed …if the P isn’t staying green it may have locked you out

Tommytoes:

The 66 plate I used to drive done that, I just turned the dial/thermostat (near the bunk) fully up. Didn’t have a problem after that.

Nkh22:

Tommytoes:

The 66 plate I used to drive done that, I just turned the dial/thermostat (near the bunk) fully up. Didn’t have a problem after that.

The 68 plate he has is a MY 17 model which has a totally different heater ,the idea is good ,but your heater is way better

Cheers, it seems a few ppl have been having issues with these night heaters. Apparently they’ve put these new ones in to be more eco friendly. I think there ■■■■■■ I’ve been locked out I believe and you can’t reset it yourself you have to take it to daf.

Tommytoes:
Cheers, it seems a few ppl have been having issues with these night heaters. Apparently they’ve put these new ones in to be more eco friendly. I think there [zb]. I’ve been locked out I believe and you can’t reset it yourself you have to take it to daf.

Correct on all accounts

No night heater?

Get a taxi to an hotel. After breakfast taxi back to truck. Keep all receipts and give to your employer. Let him present them to DAF and see whether the cost of actually testing these things, in the real world, before fitting them, is actually cheaper than the grief that comes afterwards?

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Daf wouldn’t pay the taxi as it would open up flood gates for all sorts of claims …They could try webasto as it is their system if I remember correctly,can’t see them paying out either

norb:
Daf wouldn’t pay the taxi as it would open up flood gates for all sorts of claims …They could try webasto as it is their system if I remember correctly,can’t see them paying out either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bru:

norb:

Leave the ignition on and turn on the night heater. Then turn ignition off.

Bru:

Bru:

norb:

Leave the ignition on and turn on the night heater. Then turn ignition off.

3 posts and i know your a jock lol

norb:

I’m sure you’re right.
I was being a wee bit silly.

But no night heater at minus serious temps up a mountainside, would mean the 6cylinder night heater being used.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk