Heated mirrors

Hey all 2005 daf cf 75 - the heated mirrors are not working - the fuse is fine - the switch is fine but there is no power to the switch - is there a relay or a common fault any one knows of that I should be looking for

Is your mirror still on the arm?

Logical question :smiley:

yeas mate i have two on each arm big mirror at top and small at bottom

Probly a broken wire.

Sent from my iPad.

first place i would look is the loom between the door and the door pillar if that makes sense like the op said probably a broken wire somewhere have a look on the back of the glove/fuse box cover to see if there is a relay cnt remember off the top of my head

oh if they a leccy mirrors do they still work ?

hi mate no leccy morrors just heated or not as this case is - checked the wires today and all seemed fine

have you had a look in the mirror casing aswell ?

if you’ve checked everything i would maybe lean towards the switch itself being buggered

hey mate - thats the thing i checked every thing - the mirrors - the switch - the fuse - it has got to be the wires aye?

thers a relay for the heated mirrors if its not the relay or the fuse or a snapped wire then most likley it will be the element on the rear of the actual mirror glass. check the relay the dafs have a well laid out fuse box & fuse box map on the rear of the pull up pannel.

Use a multimeter with a buzzer continuity tester and check on the back of the switch that it buzzes when you switch on. Then take lugs or electrical connections off back of mirror glass and check buzzes when switch on to check wires. The use on the disconnected terminals actually on element on the back of mirror glass.

Probably best to start in reverse order actually mirror glass backwards to switch for most likely fault assuming fuse ok.

hey all thamks for the input - there is no power to the switch - the mirrors are all new the wiring is fine i have bypassed the switch and that is how i know there is no power to the switch - i cannot find a relay for the heated mirrors i have looked and looked can any one tell me where it should be the fuse box does not tell me there is one cheers

If you put power to the switch assuming the relay isn’t bust you should be able to hear it click. Wouldn’t have thought power was going through the switch direct to mirrors unless a very highly rated one so would expect there to be a relay.

gonna try that today if that fails i will take the whole loom out of the door and investigate further - i wonder if at some point the loom has got caught in the window mechanism and got damaged - i will report back tonight - cheers lee

Good news people two broken wires in side the door - I think the window at one time or another must have caught it - all fixed thanks for all responses