heart surgery

any advice on getting licence back after heart surgery ,how do you go about it ,thanks in advance

Have you had it revoked or just been told to tell them DVLA that you have had surgery

i had stents in 2000, then a heart attack in 2011 as a clot got caught in one of the stents, both times I did the exercises, took the tablets, (none of which are life savers just general helpers) then re applied took the treadmill test and away to go, some drivers suffer on the treadmill I am not sure why, I now have a three year entitlement and just get back on the treadmill again, in the room where the mill is there is a picture of a track to a cottage ( looks like Tuscany) so I just focus on strolling towards the cottage, job done. good luck with whatever your cause of illness,

yes they took licence ,as I told them I was to have surgery

Sorry to hear that, but after surgery get permission from your consultant about driving for a living, they should give you a letter stating all the facts ( if not ask for one ) and send it off with your application to drive to DVLA, they will do all the research and let you know in due course.

thank you for your help its appreciated

What surgery did you have done? I had my aortic valve replaced last year. As they took all my entitlements away, I had to wait for a month before I could apply for my car license back and then only on the say so of my GP or the cardiac rehab nurse.Once I had applied for it, I could drive under section 80(iirc) until my license was returned.
Had to wait 3 months before I could apply for the return of my HGV and PSV. Had to get the application form pack D4 I think it was and have the normal HGV medical. Did that mid-May and finally got all my full entitlements back in mid-August. I was quite surprised that I didn’t have to do the treadmill test. Only got a years validity though. Suppose I will have to have another medical then. Nice little earner for the GP :unamused: :unamused:

Fleetwood mick ,I had same operation as you ,so reading your reply is very helpful as is other replies ,thanks for help and replies im very grateful