Heart problems and working

I’m after a bit of knowledge here.

I’m covering for a fella that has had a heart attack, il give you a bit of background. The fella in question was rushed into hospital in France after having 2 heart attacks 5 hours later was on the phone after having 2 stent cell put in and wanting to come home. Now i’m covering him till he is better to come to back to work.

He has to apply for his license back after 6 weeks and is expected back at this time. This all sounds a bit odd to me as i would have thought he would be off for months.

Does anybody have any experience off this.

Yes, six weeks is about right

I knew an office worker who had a heart problem he had to wait 18 months to get his licence back

pete-b:
Yes, six weeks is about right

Yes six weeks

argghhh right fair enough then. :wink:

so thinking about it that will do about right, end of aprilish.

Blokes i’ve known with heart problems have been months and umpteen tests to pass before they get their licences back, if all goes OK for them.

Yes 6 weeks is the recomended period for no HGV driving after stents. Because he’s had the work already done he’ll probably just have his medical records investigated by the DVLA while they allow him to continue to drive, then they’ll either give him the all clear or pull him off the road.
Some echos of my experience, I was in France on holiday ski-ing when I had my two heart attacks, two stents fitted and then they hung onto me for two weeks before turning me loose. Never lost my licence then as described above.