heart attack

ANY info on it.been out of the garage 4 weeks now .waiting for by/pass to be done :cry: My be i get chip up to 720 bhp how knows :wink: bored carnt do anything at the mo. Work are sound top firm.Not paying me bills :unamused: but they really to care of things for now. hope to be back at it soon :wink: :wink: but waiting is a KILLER :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Dont expect to be doing anything for three months after your bypass. Then all you have to do is jump through some hoops for the DVLA in regard to your fitness. Once they are satisfied, you will get your vocational licence back for at least a year before having to jump through some more hoops to get it back for the next term!
It has been seven years now since my triple hose replacement :slight_smile:

Good luck Sparky , i know its easier to say but dont worry about your work right now , get your health back and sorted and then look to the future.

THANKS LADS, UP AT SIX KICKING ME HEELS! :wink:

sparky13:
THANKS LADS, UP AT SIX KICKING ME HEELS! :wink:

How old are you if you don’t mind my asking.

I bet it hurt like a mo fo. You can google diet type stuff for you now & read other people’s stories about it, remember there was a guy wrote in the Independent I think about the time line of his heart attack & it does brick you a bit.

No more fry ups for you sir! Still all the best & your still here, well done.

One of our drivers who had a heart attack was off six months.He had 3 stents fitted and as soon as he had his rolling road stress test he was back on the road a week later.
Klunk

We have a driver who had a very minor stroke and that’s his license gone for a year even though he had the all clear early on.

i had a double bypass and a replacement mitral valve was off work 11 months from start to finish.

My wife had a stroke last night…i told her if shes good, she can have another stroke tonight :laughing:

Yeah all good advice about your heart bypass, the ops not a problem, its getting through DVLA afterwards, but if you have a clean sheet from the hospital and the doctor, all should be ok, they will ask you to run the treadmnill test, to ascertain your fitness, but all are only formalities. My only problem with the treadmill, was the backs of my legs, truckers get lazy, their legs get lazy and it bloody hurts running 9k on a treadmill when all i`ve ever done is walk to the back doors .