heart attack

in for a rolling road test, tredmillm anyone no what they r like?
:neutral_face:

You are wired up to continuously monitor blood pressure and pulse rate and the treadmill sets of at a nice easy pace and gradually increase in pace and incline. Always stays at walking pace though, no running!!

When I did mine 2 years ago there were 3 nurses keeping an eye. Stay cool, breathe evenly and if you get any pain or discomfort let them know. Good luck and don’t worry about it, it’s for your benefit. I hadn’t had a heart attack though, mine was angina symptoms so my licence wasn’t suspended.

Had a heart attack a few years ago and had two stents put in, I had to go for a tread mill test to get my licence restored, which only having just retired I didn’t really need, but wanted to keep it going for as long as I could, that 1st test was a killer as I haven’t walked anywhere since I passed my driving test 50yrs ago, my heart and blood pressure where no problem it was my legs that started to ache like mad and started to cramp up, I nearly gave up but managed to get through it by gritting my teeth and hanging on, being over 65 I had to have a medical every year and the doctor past me fit every time and with flying colours but after three years I had to take another tread mill test again, well I couldn’t face that again that’s when I called it a day, only advise I can give you is every spare minute you get do plenty of brisk walking exercise especially up hills, I wish you luck.

Ossie

I had to do the treadmill test 5 years ago after recovering from a stroke. I think i had to do 9 minutes at a steady pace which you build up to .As Peterwalker says they stick sensors on your chest to make sure you dont overexert yourself. I found it more comfy at a faster pace and the nurses are very encouraging. As soon as i finished the consultant checked the readout and agreed i could apply for my HGV back. Good luck with it hope you pass Eric

Yeah in did one recently and got through with flying colours, its not easy when you dont walk much, and hurts your legs more than your chest. The idea of the treadmill is to stress your heart, and the other alternative is a heart stress test via a tube from your groin to your heart, like an angiogram. Once done the test lasts 3 years and merely just have to get the doctor to fill in the forms, i think they call it a medical…lol and take £100 for the pleisure ( in my case anyway )

I unfortunately suffered 8 heart attacks over a 7 day period 14 years ago, I didn’t know about the first 7 but definitely knew about the 8th one. ended up with emergency quin (5) bypass, had to go for medicals ever since, last one in 2010 I passed treadmill test but they found a double beat so only gave me 4 years licence . That expired last month and I have not bothered coming back to the UK to renew.
TBH think I will let it go now. :cry:

im much the same as the rest, no heart attack but 2 stents in 2000, heart attack in 2011 caused by blood clot in an original stent, so 6 stents in total, on the mill every 3 years no problems yet, the key is in the exercise mainly for the legs, be focused walk about, the more you do the easier it is. good luck.

still waiting for notes from hospital, and treadmill test. avin dont the t/test yet. but in the hands of the gods. thanks for the reply boys. let ya no what happens with it . :unamused:

The last twice i did the treadmill test i weighed 25 stone and passed, yes the legs were killing but it proves that if a fat muppet like me can pass it then you can too, good luck

You will be alright Len don’t flap mate.
If you get your Blob back
come to work for us.
8 hr’s a night 4 on 4 off tip load yourself, fit as butchers dog after a month you no what the money is.
Bugger wilis Len he is stuck in the 50’s, tired wagons, shift patterns etc.

Further to my post above re: my heart attack and the tread mill test, seeing as my heart functioned well, the blood pressure was spot on, breathing ok, could I have lost my licence simply because I got a dose of cramp and couldn’t finish the 9 minutes as required, by a few seconds,…… something to think about.

Ossie

still waiting for notes of the top man in the hospital to go to the docs. then i can send them on there merry way. just waiting is the killer jo . back out with little dog walking up /down south sea hill, give some thing to do . two gos of rehab then iam done. get me dole mone y its just kicking bricks end of the mounth 144 every two weeks so not bad. its just kicking bricks for a while, same as the bl/pool rammie days. be ok feel fit eating allright so how knows jo pm ya later len :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

DVLC medical dept send me for a treadmill test every other year. I’m 67 and had an angioplasty (stents) 10 years ago because of angina pectoris (chest pains) which has been brilliantly successful.
are you a hairy man?
the nurse may want to shave your chest to get good attachment for the electrodes.
The cardiologist puts you on a treadmill walking slowly (2-3mph?) for 5 minutes
then walking briskly (3-4mph?) for 5 minutes
A little bit of discomfort kicks in
then walking fast (4-5mph?) for 5 minutes
I am getting uncomfortable by the end of this. The machine winds down slowly. It is not a competition. I think that the cardio’ wants to get your heart working hard to see if there are any irregularities
Do not be rude to the nurse as it is he/she who takes of the electrodes.
I will continue as long as feasible as I regard this as a free, private medical check with a consultant. DVLA picks up the bill (£100?)

well finally, got through the heart/attack,after 7 mths on me behind. put notes into dvla oct 8/got license back nov13. so i say thats fcking brill top marks to them!!! back to work slowly, and steady. all i can say to drivers is plod with it .not easy task to do but i got there in the end.didnt have to do treadmill/failed at that one only 3 mins. so add to do echo/gram passed it flying!!! did re/hab nures were sound got me going when i had doubts about it, so there is hope at the end. anyone going through it pm me or put it up on here. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

mine was /is no attack but 2 stents in 2000. on the treadmill job done. treadmill every 3 years no problems, heart attack in july 2011 (blood clot stuck in a stent) quick clean out 2 more stents (one inside an original) then back in sept 2 more stents, back on the tread mill all ok next treadmill due in jan 2015, I have letters saying ok to drive but in uk whilst waiting for result from dvla but my work is European, so press on. my scrap value must be increasing so fearfull of the scrap collectors ha ha.

well, think between us we could get a few quid :sunglasses: ad two sents to start with april, then 3 in july so not to bad :smiley:

well, h/attack done. sitting at home after coming out of hospital kidney stones, key hole to much of a risk!!! so quick blast turn them to dust,to pass the pee!!! need i say anymore. so its due to health that we keep as drivers thought i was fit bit not so!! just resting put more up later any thoughts on on it !!! :wink:

Heart attack and kidney stones…we should call you Lucky not Sparky :laughing:

You got your licence back after the heart attack I see from earlier,no more problems?

ShropsBri:
Heart attack and kidney stones…we should call you Lucky not Sparky :laughing:

You got your licence back after the heart attack I see from earlier,no more problems?

just resting bud. been a bit s----e ,but now home, peeing is a killer. short breath with the heart went back to work 4/4off. but dont think i could do it anymore. see how i get on with this one, got to laugh had pump/filters done so i should be straight of the mark!!! anyway bud , its the lifestlye we keep. but i am wining time to think but sure i will get back to doing something in the game. :stuck_out_tongue:

Pump and filters done :laughing: Ya just have watch the quality of fuel going in now then although I do hear a bit of red is good for the pump!