Hearing voices!

I’m either cracking up or telepathic, just wondered what you guys make of this;

Most mornings when I get to bed (I work nights but was the same when I did days), obviously you don’t get to sleep straight away and I hear random voices! Not ones I recognise, they say things but it’s like random bits of conversations like “well, that’s what she said”! It’s a little bit worrying really but seems pretty harmless at the moment. It’s like when wearing headphones -crystal clear and sounds like it’s inside my head if you see what I mean. Anyone else get it or know anything about these things? Or is it just a bit like a dream?

On the plus side, at least they’re not telling me to burn it, kill them or similar!!

There is a very simple explanation for this.

You’re exactly the same as a person with their ■■■■■ in a jar of peanut butter, you’re both [zb]ing nuts. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Pmsl, I think everyone came to that conclusion a long time ago.

seen a DR yet?

A doctor? Doubt that’d solve anything really, a shrink maybe but as said it’s all harmless at the moment. Besides, I could do without the firearms licensing people hearing about this one, I really wouldn’t want to lose my rifles and shotguns.

Voices in your head? Rifles? Shotguns? :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Coming to a news station near you shortly…

Darkseeker Goes Postal!

:wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

You wear a Hearing aid? Turning the Sound down,or put it away during sleep :exclamation:

update time, it all went away having mentioned it on here :unamused:

Circumstances changed slightly and I was getting considerably more sleep so maybe I was just over-tired and dreaming before I was asleep :confused:

Darkseeker goes postal? if I ever do, that twonk of a primeminister (sp?) is gonna be on my “list” might as well do a few people, sorry - the nation a favour while I’m at it :wink:

darkseeker:

Circumstances changed slightly and I was getting considerably more sleep so maybe I was just over-tired and dreaming before I was asleep :confused:

Darkseeker goes postal? if I ever do, that twonk of a primeminister (sp?) is gonna be on my “list” might as well do a few people, sorry - the nation a favour while I’m at it :wink:

Are you stringing that bint along or did you get shut of her in the end?

Rob K:

darkseeker:

:laughing: what a lovely way you have with words!

It’s not as simple as it may sound but, the long and short is; things seemed to be improveing so I decided to see how it went for a while and, in all honesty, I can’t decide if I did the right thing or not but I can’t see us seeing next christmas together :wink:

As for the voices, have you left a radio on anywhere?

thin walls in barett boxes.

unfortunately i have voices in my head telling me to do stupid things like leave good jobs… like a thick git i keep listening to them. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Used to work in a call centre and if I had a late shift, afterwards it would take a while to get used to the silence.

If you are hearing voices then the first step would be to get more rest. If you are still having issues then you may want to tentatively speak to your doctor. Only you can work out what is real and not and likewise which is a concern. The latter needs to be discussed with your doctor.

This does not give you an excuse to avoid the boss, the wife or the GF (depending on circumstances) and don’t blame me :smiley:

I think it’s a kind of dream like state your concious mind is aware of what the sub concious is thinking/dreaming. I doubt whether is anything to worry about unless they tell you do things.

Rob K:

Just for you Rob, no, she’s gone thankfuly and I’m very, very happy with her replacement (early days yet though). Should’ve happened a long time ago though to be honest.

Had the “voices” once or twice since but I think mr.b was right with what he said.

darkseeker:

Rob K:

Just for you Rob, no, she’s gone thankfuly and I’m very, very happy with her replacement (early days yet though). Should’ve happened a long time ago though to be honest.

Had the “voices” once or twice since but I think mr.b was right with what he said.

Well done kid. Always best to get shut if it ain’t going anywhere. You’re just kidding yourself otherwise. Wasted far too much of my life waiting for things to “settle down” and “sort themselves out”. Never happens.