Heard on the radio a while ago

… they had this brain teaser question.

it was

“30% of lorry drivers have what?”

The answer being.

“a University degree”

So come on then, how many of you have?

I didnt go past A-level for the record.

Not me, I didn’t get past O level, and couldn’t wait to get out of school/education.

O-level

Salut, David.

The only qualification i have is NVQ level 4 in Electrical, Mechanical and Marine Engineering.

A-level.

OND Farm Mechanisation

:confused:

I managed one year at Wolverhampton ‘University’

I have managed 33 years at the “University of Life” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

A level for me { a spirit level that is} :laughing:

:open_mouth: God why have they got degrees for driving? and you lot have O&A levels and stuff!

I didnt get bugger all, not even a report, as I didnt finish schooling! :laughing:

Got an “ology” in eating and drinking too much!

:laughing:

Mal:
:shock: God why have they got degrees for driving? and you lot have O&A levels and stuff!

I didnt get [zb] all, not even a report, as I didnt finish schooling! :laughing:

‘O’ Levels and HND,
I’m sure some on this site have mentioned having a degree.
You don’t get loads loads of qualifications to drive a truck it might not have even been the job you wanted to do as a child, but you end up getting a sort of desire to avoid some of the idiots you end up working with in offices factory’s. at least in a truck you can get away from them.

I’ll confess;
8 O-levels
2 A-levels
California High School Diploma
BSc in Mammalian Physiology, Pharmacology and Applied Biological Sciences

The upshot is though; none of that lot is worth anything when the nice Belgian Customs officer notices your ‘Authorisation’ expired 2 years before he checked it!!! Still it proved to be an interesting and expensive day!!

Mal:
:shock: God why have they got degrees for driving? and you lot have O&A levels and stuff!

I didnt get [zb] all, not even a report, as I didnt finish schooling! :laughing:

Well my A-level is in Photography (a grade B) I also did Media Studies and Physics.
Physics i cant remember what i got as i fell asleep about 1/2 way through the course. Boreing subject and the teacher was a bore too.
Media Studies, our teacher left after the first year, then her replacement said we hadnt done any A-Level work so far and we had to cram it all into the last 6 months or so we had left, i think i gave up after that!
I just chose the wrong subjects really.

So tbh driving pays pretty well compared to the alternatives and it’s on the whole an enjoyable job.
I mean sitting on a supermarket Checkout, Stacking shelves or doing some pants job in a security gatehouse? :angry:

Fair play to you lads, I aint knocking it, just surprised!

I’ve got GCSEs.

I started A Levels but I was never really fond of school, even though I was quite able, so I dropped out of them after a few months.

Then I had a place at college to learn to be an electrician, but after I’d got a job for the summer I enjoyed the money too much and didn’t do that either and stayed at the job.

I think academic learning is overated nowadays, where every man and his dog seems to be doing a degree, it’ll soon become irrelavent.

I finished my education at 18 with 5 O Levels and an OND in Business studies. I’d had enough of college then.

Calv

Got a @spirit level…:slight_smile::).

muckles:
you end up getting a sort of desire to avoid some of the idiots you end up working with in offices factory’s. at least in a truck you can get away from them.

Unless you have to double man :open_mouth:
Uumm degree not a hope :open_mouth: , A level O level whats a level :confused:
Veins pulsing full of Deisel, thats the one for me :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I would have got loads of O levels, a couple of A’s and possibly a degree or two…

If I hadnt bunked off the last year at Comprehensive… :wink: