Heard at the gate!

sorry to resserect this thread … (ok, I’m not sorry)

I used to have to deliver to mod married quarters, which, as some of you may know, is “on camp”.

Now this particular camp, always 1st of my drops, turn up at the gate, van packed to the gunnels, and the guard (squaddie) says open the back please,. …

sure, what you looking for? (parcels in various wrappings … HTH can he “see” what’s inside each one?)

OK driver, do you know where you’re going? …

Try delivering chemicals to RAF camps. Great fun to be had with the main guard room! Took some stuff to RAF Scampton earlier this year for a turf farm that looks after the airfield. Had a right giggle to myself with the guard telling him what was on the truck for others but not for here. Once id showed him the active ingredients of every product that was on the truck that day I got MP ■■■■■■ onto the camp!
I got to drop point and the MP’s said the had to stand and watch my movements. So I being bit of a prankster says “Oh you better both wear these then, just in case” at which point I dragged 2 face shields and two dust masks out of the kit bag. Both proceded to put them on. I opened the curtains and started to hump the boxes off one by one for ten minutes. They both look at each other puzzled as to why this bloke has made them wear protection but hes racing around with just gloves on. When im done they give me back the masks and ask the question why did we have to wear them and you didnt. I said “Oh its ok im immune to everything on here” at which point I fired the truck up and drove off!

One of the annoying things about delivering stuff in containers is they have to check everything before they sign the paperwork. Why,I tell them I ain’t gonna take it back. Some of it comes from China and I don’t do nights out.

I shouldnt worry too much, I am regularly refused entry into a lot of factorys and depots for refusing to fill in a Chep interchange form.

I dont see the point of a pallet rack on a tanker :stuck_out_tongue:

Going back to the “Matchbox” post.
I did agency work for a long time, several years ago. Quite often I’d be working for several different supermarkets in the same week. This was before they were as well organised as they seem to be now, with map books for all their stores etc. I would quite often be in the right area for a particular supermarket, but couldn’t quite find it, so I’d stop to ask directions.
“Can you tell me where the supermarket is?” I would ask. Leaning out of the cab of an artic with the name of the chain in huge letters along the side of a 45’ trailer. “Which supermarket do you want?”. I would be asked. “Errrrrrr, the one that’s written on the side” I would say. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :unamused:

Driver-Once-More:
sorry to resserect this thread … (ok, I’m not sorry)

I used to have to deliver to mod married quarters, which, as some of you may know, is “on camp”.

Now this particular camp, always 1st of my drops, turn up at the gate, van packed to the gunnels, and the guard (squaddie) says open the back please,. …

sure, what you looking for? (parcels in various wrappings … HTH can he “see” what’s inside each one?)

OK driver, do you know where you’re going? …

This is because if {Insert name of favourite terror organisation here} were planning an attack, they would not do so without carrying out some sort of close target recce first.

Hopefully on carrying close target recce and seeing all unknown vehicles entering camp are subject to some sort of search they would think maybe we won’t do that one. If everybody carries out a search maybe they won’t bother at all.

However if they read Trucknet they will know it’s all a load of ■■■■■■■■ and the next thing we know is a bomb has exploded in some military establishment and a lot of our young boys and girls have been killed.

Come on guys think about what you posting , even {Insert name of favourite terror organisation here} know how to trawl the internet.

Simon:
Going back to the “Matchbox” post.
I did agency work for a long time, several years ago. Quite often I’d be working for several different supermarkets in the same week. This was before they were as well organised as they seem to be now, with map books for all their stores etc. I would quite often be in the right area for a particular supermarket, but couldn’t quite find it, so I’d stop to ask directions.
“Can you tell me where the supermarket is?” I would ask. Leaning out of the cab of an artic with the name of the chain in huge letters along the side of a 45’ trailer. “Which supermarket do you want?”. I would be asked. “Errrrrrr, the one that’s written on the side” I would say. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :unamused:

I regularly pull into rdcs to be asked "what haulier are you?" .... Bearing in mind im dressed like a ■■■■■■■ wasp and the unit and trailer are one of the most recognisable on the roads today… ■■■■■

Not long ago, I had a delivery to make to a Tesco’ Express in Walthamstow. So on leaving the terminal I phoned them up to advise them that they must prepare their site for a fuel delivery in 30 minutes. A garbled response astonishes me. " Is it chilled or ambient ? " :laughing: :laughing: I nearly wet myself.

The old guy at Asda didcot makes me laugh …Everytime i went there in a hire truck the company i was delivering for was globetrotter :laughing: :laughing: I never bothered to correct him … :laughing: