heanor haulage

does anyone on here either work for them or have delivered to their yard in ilkeston if so can you tell me exactly where they are located as i have been looking on google street map but cannot seem to see their yard(probably need to go to specsavers… :laughing: ) i ask because i have a interview with them on monday morning any help much appreciated… :smiley:

I suspect Google Maps is out of date. Put in their actual postcode (DE7 4BR) and you’ll see a building with two flagpoles out front and BUCYRUS on the wall. It looks identical to the building on the photos on Heanor’s website http://www.heanorhaulage.co.uk/contactus.html

For argument’s sake lets say you were approaching Ilkeston from Trowell on the A609 (i.e. from the Ballon Houses/Coventry lane). You’ll go through a 30 mph zone with a speed detector and then you’ll cross a bridge over a small river/stream. Just after the bridge should be a green and white coloured building containing a kitchen and conservatory company on the left where you can turn left on to Thurman St./Corporation road. Follow it right up to the end where the newsagents is and hang a left on to Hallam Fields Rd. Eventually you’ll come to an old building on the corner of Crompton Rd. with a kind of clock tower that looks a bit like an old Church. I’m pretty sure you just carry straight on a bit further and Heanor Haulage are down there. “Gud luk wi jub inta-view yoof!!”.

£7 an hour for class one last time they advertised.

I grew up with a good view of HH’s original yard, their trucks would pass the bottom of my street regularly & like any kid, when I grow up I wanted to drive one of them.

I have a fond memory of clinging to the railings outside the cricket ground when I was 6 or 7, HH’s custom built heavy haulage tractor went past pulling a huge trailer with uncountable wheels. Me & my mate pulled our imaginary air horns just as the truck went past, he must’ve seen us 'cos just as he swung out for the impossible left turn into Aldreds Lane, he let rip with the loudest horn I have ever known.

Those days are long gone (sadly). Please don’t prostitute yourself for £7ph however hard the times are. You are only bringing ■■■■ down upon yourself . . . . & the rest of us.

Duck:
For argument’s sake lets say you were approaching Ilkeston from Trowell on the A609 (i.e. from the Ballon Houses/Coventry lane). You’ll go through a 30 mph zone with a speed detector and then you’ll cross a bridge over a small river/stream. Just after the bridge should be a green and white coloured building containing a kitchen and conservatory company on the left where you can turn left on to Thurman St./Corporation road. Follow it right up to the end where the newsagents is and hang a left on to Hallam Fields Rd. Eventually you’ll come to an old building on the corner of Crompton Rd. with a kind of clock tower that looks a bit like an old Church. I’m pretty sure you just carry straight on a bit further and Heanor Haulage are down there. “Gud luk wi jub inta-view yoof!!”.

They are on the left just before the road narrows bout 50 or so yds after Compton road

They’ve had a pay rise recently. My mate Barry works for Heanor on the dsv work tramping out of Immingham. He takes home well over £500 a week.
Good luck.

thx for the replies guys hopefully should be able to find it now… :smiley: and just to let you know its not for class 1 as i dont have mine yet, its actually for a class 2 job doing multidrop work to construction sites… :grimacing: