Heanor Haulage

Hi does anyone have any info on Heanor Haulage? I’ve been offered a job and I know the hourly rate isn’t up to much but I was wondering if you can make a good living and if it’s a good spot to work at.

Bit suspect being a first post isn’t it? :laughing:
It’s a well ran family firm in my opinion, did they say how many drivers they’re taking on?
Plenty of overtime at weekends on network rail stuff when I was there if you are flexible you can earn a decent crack.
There were some great lads working there and the boys in the office will look after anyone that looks after them I really enjoyed my time there wish I’d stayed. :angry:

They’re known locally as the “Glory Boys” !

It’s very much a three tier organisation, there is an ‘A’ team, a ‘B’ team & a very, very ‘C’ team.

Not worth considering unless unless you join straight in at the ‘A’ team level, which is highly unlikely unless you’re related to either a fellow member or you’re a full blood part of the family.

The ‘B’ team is a good craic, if you can survive being a member of the ‘C’ team for however long it takes to get there.

On the ‘C’ team, you are less than a nobody.

Is it suspect?? I singed up to try and find a bit out about them because I’m not the sort of person to flit from job to job I’ve been in my current job for eleven years so it’s a big decision for me so I reached out to the fellow trucking community for some help. I think they might be taking a couple on now then some more next year. Just out of interest why did you leave?

TheBorg:

It’s very much a three tier organisation, there is an ‘A’ team, a ‘B’ team & a very, very ‘C’ team.

Not worth considering unless unless you join straight in at the ‘A’ team level, which is highly unlikely unless you’re related to either a fellow member or you’re a full blood part of the family.

The ‘B’ team is a good craic, if you can survive being a member of the ‘C’ team for however long it takes to get there.

I can handle being in the ‘C’ team as long as I can make some good money at it. I wouldn’t expect to get to the top on my first day because I’ve not got the experience.

TheBorg:

biggest load of ■■■■■■■■ I’ve ever heard :laughing:
There’s always moaners, kiss arses etc in any firm but there was no social tiers when I left last year. Some of em just liked to moan :smiley:
I left to take a job where I’m home every day and it bores the ■■■■ out of me, left on good terms though said I’ll be back one day if they’ll have me.

Worth a go at it then?

TruckingG60:

TheBorg:

I can handle being in the ‘C’ team as long as I can make some good money at it. I wouldn’t expect to get to the top on my first day because I’ve not got the experience.

you go for it mate my mate who i worked with for 14 years left to go there his son mark got hin in he loves hit rings me all the time tellin me what he is up to sounds a good job if my mate sticks at a place it carnt be all that bad :sunglasses:

OllieNotts:

TheBorg:

biggest load of ■■■■■■■■ I’ve ever heard :laughing:
There’s always moaners, kiss arses etc in any firm but there was no social tiers when I left last year. Some of em just liked to moan :smiley:
I left to take a job where I’m home every day and it bores the [zb] out of me, left on good terms though said I’ll be back one day if they’ll have me.

hi ollie you wil no dave and his lad mark then what aboughr sheeny bramer goriller and traler man all x hills hevey boys just like me :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

I do know Dave and mark yeah shame sheeny left he was one of the best blokes I’ve ever worked with.

:smiley:

OllieNotts:
I do know Dave and mark yeah shame sheeny left he was one of the best blokes I’ve ever worked with.

:smiley: had some good times with him was at hillys 14 years god we pulled some stunts he whent through stoke eith a baby d8 no chains ■■■■ all oldin it on it slid off sheeny fired it up drove it back on just as police came what you doing drive sheeny just picking this up look were the bugers left it for me 6.00 am coper said hurry up befor every buger and there dog complains gift of the gab the bloke all the best ollie rod .(lomas tanker man.) :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Like I said, it’s very much a 3 tier organisation.

The neanderthal mouth breathers who pull the flat beds on the bread & butter work, for a measly £7.75ph, don’t even have the brains to work out that they’re being exploited.

I’ve never worked for 'em myself, but I’m told that most of the B team & all of A team drivers don’t even acknowledge them if (heaven forbid) they happen to meet briefly in the yard.

TheBorg:
Like I said, it’s very much a 3 tier organisation.

The neanderthal mouth breathers who pull the flat beds on the bread & butter work, for a measly £7.75ph, don’t even have the brains to work out that they’re being exploited.

I’ve never worked for 'em myself, but I’m told that most of the B team & all of A team drivers don’t even acknowledge them if (heaven forbid) they happen to meet briefly in the yard.

You’re told wrong and they’re on more then that so as I said you’re speaking ■■■■■■■■ :unamused: :laughing:
There will always be diversion of some kind with staff but I always found everyone friendly enough after taking time and making an effort to get on with everyone.

TruckingG60

You should go for it. Its a good company to work for. You’ll get treated with the same respect if you drive a 44t or 250t. It’s not the kind of company that you can walk into a brand new motor. But if you stick it out you’ll never know in a year or 2 you could. They like drivers who do the job right not fly about smashing everything to bits.

No i don’t work for them but talk to alot of them when am out and about.

Ps, Keep your truck clean and tidy is a good way to start.

Good luck

Anybody know what money these guys are paying nowadays? I know a few posts from this thread are old so wanted an up to date opinion?