healthcare??

how does the healthcare system work for wagon drivers?
we cant really use the e111 as we cross borders all the time and are not staying in one place like holiday makers.
also as a residant of france what do i do about health care in another country, say the uk for example?
i am asking the question as i am due back on sunday and picking up the wagon monday and off out on rock and roll work which i assume will be uk and europe what do i have to get paperwork wise■■?
cheers in advance
chris

How it works for a resident of France, I’ve got no idea. You could try this link tho’ Here.

For residents of the UK tho’, you are quite right, the E111 is not the correct piece of paper for truckdrivers who are in and out of European countries. What you need to do is get the E111 application form. Fill it out but leave part 3 blank and send it to :-

Department for Work and Pensions Benefits Agency
Overseas Division Medical Benefits
Tyneview Park Whitley Road
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
NE98 1BA

I entered E111 in my google bar, the url for the Gov’ info site isHere. I was just going to post it up, but its about 3 lines long :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

You can download an application form, with instructions from that site, print it off, complete and post it.

cheers si
the first link doesnt work i will have to go about it the long way :unamused:
chris

The E111 is the correct document for drivers who travel around Europe as long as the are still residents of UK… I have used it on a number of different times and have had no problem at all…Each time I have used it I have had to fill in a form in the Hospital stating what I am doing in that country, and I have always said that I am a UK based truck driver making deliveries in that country and they have always been happy with that explanation…Just make sure you carry a photocopy of the original form
All European Economic area countries have a similar form, the French one can be obtained Through
The Office for the Social Security of Migrant Workers
11 Rue De La Tours Des Dames
75436 Paris
Cedex 09 Tel 45-26-12-53

Maybe its both Jimti. its been quite a while since I neede one. The companies I have worked for have all provided me with travel insurance, usualy a card in with all the others.
However, although the E111 form that you fill in and get stamped at the post office might work, it isn’t really the correct one. That comes from Newcastle. I used to have one when I was based in Germany and touring Europe by motorbike n sidecar, during leave time :smiley: :smiley: :laughing: :laughing: .

The link which doesn’t work is on the page that the second link takes you to, Caveman. I snipped the url from there, expecting it to go straight in, instead of via the dh.gov page, sorry, I should have knpwn better :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :blush: . It looked OK when I pointed at it in the preview page :open_mouth: :angry: :confused: .

Simon, as you were living in Germany the UK E111 would not have been right, but any UK drivers should carry 1, the notes on section 3 state:-
If you are only going on holiday, (short stay) and do not plan to live abroad fill in this application form and the E111.
If you are going on holiday and plan to live abroad afterwards fill in the application form and E111. Do not write anything in part 3 of E111. When you have filled in the application form and E111 send them to
Department for Work and Pensions Benefits Agency
Overseas Division Medical Benefits
Tyneview Park Whitley Road
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
NE98 1BA
AS you can see, the requirement to fill in part 3 applies to anyone who is not planning to live abroad, As UK based drivers are only outside the UK for short periods the E111 is wholly appropriate, however it only provides very basic medical cover & I would strongly recommend other medical insurance.
I work in removals and have had more than 1 instance where a porter has injured himself and was not in possession of an E111, so could not get treatment without giving his credit card details to the hospital, and having to pay out rather large sums of money, yet with my E111 I have had no problems at all…My boss insists that all staff carry the E111, any who don’t he will not compensate their losses

spot on jimti the E111 is the correct form, ive used it in spain portugal france & germany, just menial things but a doc checking you over could amount to £100…!! :laughing:

most decent firms get transmed for the drivers anyway ,…dont they■■? :astonished:

Hey Caveman Chris,

Are far as the Brit authorities are concerned you may still be considered as a resident, depending on whether you’ve been paying tax in the UK or France since your move. I live full time in France but because my income comes from the UK and I’m there more than 90-odd days a year (including holiday visits) I don’t pay French tax, paying British tax and self-employed stamp instead. In this case I think I can still use the E111.

I spent a few enjoyable hours with David (Bonditram) last week and he’s got the ‘carte Vital’ for the French health cover/social security. If you’re in possession of that then the E111 definitely isn’t for you.

Happy trucking :sunglasses:

Craig

cheers craig
i havent got the vitel yet but it is in hand typical french systems they take forever!! :unamused:
i will have to go to the caisse maladie today and ask there that could be interesting :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
chris

Chris,jimti,s posting is about right but it,s only good for the EU,are you in the french system?of back to UK next week for a few day to buy a van :blush: :blush:white van man!!starting up a euro express del service and ■■■■■■,s are cheaper in UK ,french micro enter.give it ago for a while,hope to do afew days agency work while in UK.ps got my french licence last mounth with all my hgv and psv classes on it.

froggy:
Chris,jimti,s posting is about right but it,s only good for the EU,are you in the French system?of back to UK next week for a few day to buy a van :blush: :blush:white van man!!starting up a euro express del service and ■■■■■■,s are cheaper in UK ,French micro enter.give it ago for a while,hope to do a few days agency work while in UK.ps got my French licence last month with all my hgv and psv classes on it.

I’m in the UK system, as I live in UK, but all other EU countries have their own version of the E111, I am not sure if it has the same number, but it does exactly the same thing… Good luck with your new business venture :smiley:

Cheers jimti,only at the first stage at the moment,should be able to make it happen,but need a van and then all the paperwork that goes with it,there is all sorts of hoops ,but on boning up should be ok,thanks froggy.

As Craig say’s,if you are paying tax and NI in the UK then it is the E111 you need.
I too have used it before I became a Belgian resident,as I was paying tax in the UK and self employed stamp.
If you need hospital or medical care they will ask you for an E111 and you then need to get another one when you return to the UK.
I had a weeks hospital stay a few years back and still had to pay around £100 to the Belgian authorities.

Chris,

You will need an E111 to give you minimum cover in another EU country. Where you apply for it depends where you are officially resident. I’m not sure that where you pay your taxes has anything to do with that, you can be resident in one country and pay taxes in another.

If you are a French resident you apply for a French E111, same form different language, and as a British national you would still need that for the UK. As I said it is residency not nationality or tax that is the criterion.

Funny thing is that when I decided on my recent trip to UK I rang Nottingham Health Authority and was told I would definitely need a French E111 to get treatment in the UK. When I applied for the French form on the gouv.fr website and it asked which countries I planned to visit the UK was the only one not listed. Ticked Eire for the sake of ticking something and when the form arrived it stated that E111s were not required in UK. However I’d got it by then and of course took it anyway. The other funny thing is that we only received one form, in my wife’s name but covering me as a member of her family. Assume this is because as a former recipient of invalidity payments in the UK she has always had 100% reimboursement in France whereas I, as a worker, only got the usual 60 or 70%.

Anyway to sum up. You need an E111. Apply in your country of residence.

Salut, David.