Health and safety.Put your hazard lights on

peirre:
Try putting your Hazards on and driving around an Asda depot, and see how fast the shunter crosses the yard racing towards you to tell you to turn them off

It’s mandatory at quite a few depots!

lolipop:
All to do with Insurance,if you had an accident whilst on their premises and they are alledged not to taken all necessary or reasonable precautions to eliminate risk they could be liable,therefore they put rules into place and if you fail to comply its your own fault

That’s the problem, insurance companies just want to get out of paying out in the case of an accident. It doesn’t matter if the accident is nothing to do with a certain part of H+S rules, it’s all a case of “just in case” or “what if”

We have to have our hazards on when parked, if someone was to hit the vehicle when parked then it would go as an avoidable accident against the driver even if the insurance company deems it the other persons fault. Doesn’t matter the fact if they cant see a big truck then they’re not going to see some little orange lights.

nickyboy:

lolipop:
All to do with Insurance,if you had an accident whilst on their premises and they are alledged not to taken all necessary or reasonable precautions to eliminate risk they could be liable,therefore they put rules into place and if you fail to comply its your own fault

That’s the problem, insurance companies just want to get out of paying out in the case of an accident. It doesn’t matter if the accident is nothing to do with a certain part of H+S rules, it’s all a case of “just in case” or “what if”

We have to have our hazards on when parked, if someone was to hit the vehicle when parked then it would go as an avoidable accident against the driver even if the insurance company deems it the other persons fault. Doesn’t matter the fact if they cant see a big truck then they’re not going to see some little orange lights.

I am glad I have never been asked to put my hazard warning lights on when I am parked because I would refuse.There is no need and can cause more confusion than help.
My Sister is an Insurance Broker and no insurance company can insist on anyone having hazard warning lights on except in an emergency or in a breakdown.
Just because some nob says you have to does not make it mandatory.There is a little book that tells you when to use them and when not to.
If everyone stuck to the proper rules there would be no problem.