Heads up - Lincolnshire Show

Hi folks, just a quick heads up.

This coming Wednesday and Thursday (23rd, 24th), the Lincolnshire Show is on.

This means there will be no direct route between Ceanby Corner and the A46 Lincoln bypass at the A15.

The diversion takes you along the A46 to the A631 then back to Ceanby corner if northbound and the reverse for southbound.

A quick measurement on Google maps, shows the normal route being 10 miles and the diversion being 21 miles, so just be warned if you are pushed for time.

One alternative I can think of is to use the A1133 from Newark showground, through Torksey to Gainsborough, and then use the A631 to Caenby Corner, to the A15, and obviously the reverse if southbound.

The only snag is the low bridge as you enter Gainsborough, where the bridge is marked at 14ft. Now I’ll leave it up to you, but I personally have had double deckers under that bridge, and they were definately higher than 14 feet.

Failing that, there’s the A1 / M18 / M180

All the above is assuming you need to get into the Hull / Grimsby / Immingham areas.

Happy trucking.

Just a boost as it all kicks off tomorrow.

Are these restrictions 24/7 as one of my mates will be headind that way around 22.00

I would guess that the restrictions are from approx 0530 to 1930ish.

Its the Royal Norfolk Show next week on the A47 outside Norwich and these are the sort of times to avoid that area.