Headphones whilst driving?

My new iPhone has voice activation and can phone and text people without taking my eyes off road as long as headphones in, do we think this is OK?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup

Sent from my SM-T715 using Tapatalk

For the time being i would say its ok, but i have a feeling total bans on phone calls whilst the engine is running in lorries isn’t far away, with electronic jamming or ‘shopping’ devices to oversee compliance.

I seen a guy driving a red scania going through eurocentral last week wearing a pair of DJ style headphones!!! Wonder what the plod would say if they spotted him.

Come on so called professionals? Hearing along with sight are two ingredients you require to drive safely.

I think a few on here could learn…

campusrec.neu.edu/general/Th … riving.pdf

ear.jpg aye damoq I wear these all the time in the motor, electronic noise cancelling buggers and have been pulled and asked whats going on by the DOT over here on the prairies :smiley: I carry my yearly hearing test card from work( they have stopped the rot so to speak as hearing is not getting any worse after 3yrs wearing them ) and once they realise I can hear everything but the engine roar /rattles I’m let go .kin auld leylands,atki, bray loaders etc to blame

a fiver from fleabay…belters,and last more than a day flatout.

ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Stereo-Wi … Swal5YHUQ1

limpers ■■■■■■ on the spot when they see you wearing them…but they dont look bad when your driving as you cant see the back of them. :wink:

Boris1971:
My new iPhone has voice activation and can phone and text people without taking my eyes off road as long as headphones in, do we think this is OK?

A lot of modern phones are voice activated and read text messages aloud. My phone lives in my pocket but tells me through my earphones who’s ringing, if I have a text, what the text is and if I want to dictate a reply.

I’ve often wondered what the legality of this is, since I’m using the phone but not looking at it, let alone touching it.

I’m thinking you could be done for the catch all “driving without due care” which is what I got done for when I used a mobile before it was illegal.

For me, definitely no. Anything that interferes with your senses is a no no. You can’t hear properly if there is anything in the ear passage. Using one ear piece is probably acceptable. I wouldn’t bet on it, but in the event of an incident, or worse, it could be said that you had reduced the chances of being able to hear and that might be a contributory factor.

It would be a criminal offence in France, if you ever find yourself over there.

Apple pods when released will be handy

I had a truck with no radio for a bit, my boss is good like that, I asked on an online GMP forum about the legalities of wearing headphones whilst driving, the reply was though it isn’t actually illegal to wear them whilst driving, if it could be proven that it was a contributory factor towards an accident it would be treated as driving without due care and attention, the advice was to ditch the headphones and sing myself down the road

Mick81:
I had a truck with no radio for a bit, my boss is good like that, I asked on an online GMP forum about the legalities of wearing headphones whilst driving, the reply was though it isn’t actually illegal to wear them whilst driving, if it could be proven that it was a contributory factor towards an accident it would be treated as driving without due care and attention, the advice was to ditch the headphones and sing myself down the road

That could be said about pretty much anything though.

Conan the Librarian:

Mick81:

That could be said about pretty much anything though.

I agree mate, I asked specifically about headphones though and that’s the answer I was given from them

Don’t know why but when I see drivers with ear phones ,Bluetooth ear pieces especially when walking round talking in them,I just want to smack them in the face.
Just annoys me for some reason :smiley:

yorkshire terrier:
Don’t know why but when I see drivers with ear phones ,Bluetooth ear pieces especially when walking round talking in them,I just want to smack them in the face.
Just annoys me for some reason :smiley:

Blinking heck wouldnt like to meet u on a dark and dank night do you drink pints of acid

bigchief:
For me, definitely no. Anything that interferes with your senses is a no no. You can’t hear properly if there is anything in the ear passage. Using one ear piece is probably acceptable. I wouldn’t bet on it, but in the event of an incident, or worse, it could be said that you had reduced the chances of being able to hear and that might be a contributory factor.

Do you listen to the radio whilst driving?

what about nose picking ?
please tell me thats still ok …

Trukkertone:
what about nose picking ?
please tell me thats still ok …

It is, as long as you don’t eat the contents :smiling_imp:

bigchief:
For me, definitely no. Anything that interferes with your senses is a no no. HYou can’t hear properly if there is anything in the ear passage. Using one ear piece is probably acceptable. I wouldn’t bet on it, but in the event of an incident, or worse, it could be said that you had reduced the chances of being able to hear and that might be a contributory factor.

Well said mate. It’s no wonder there is so much carnage around with all the arrogant thickos about.
Honestly some car drivers are bad but these fruitcakes driving trucks are even worse.
God help us.