Headlight bulbs. And the prices

Roughly what life should I expect from 24V 70W H7 headlight bulbs?

I finally found a local place (Derbyshire) that stocked them so I could have a spare for driving in France, and was a bit shocked that they charged me 23 quid for one even after negotiating a bit of discount. Then blow me if one didn’t fail on the way back, so I had to get another, which was 23 Euros at a motorway services near Toulouse. I’ve only driven six thousand km in the truck since buying it, but it’s done 440,000 so I can expect that some bits will be nearing the end of their life.

Do any of you have any recommendations for brands, prices, whatever? I don’t mind paying for good bulbs as long as I don’t have to keep crawling underneath the truck in the dark and rain half way through a thousand mile trip to change the danged things.

Cheers,
Ged.

£23 sounds a lot !

there’s cheaper ones online

CBSHACK
ROADKING

They sound expensive. I bought a bulb kit in the services in France for 13 euros, there was an H7, 2 stop and tails, 2 side light bulbs and a festoon as well as assorted blade fuses.

Here is an online supplier in Southampton but if i were you I would just go to an auto electric shop,

autobulbsdirect.co.uk/H7-499 … -pair.html

digraph.co.uk/digraph_ataglance.html

Digraph are in Derbyshire

Make sure you do not touch the glass when you put in the bulb, oil or moisture from your skin will blow a bulb, handle it by the terminals only