Headlight Adjustment Volvo FH4

Hi guys and gals, can anyone help with the above topic?

I seem to be getting flashed a lot cuz one of my headlights is dazzling oncoming traffic so going to see if i can adjust the o/s lamp downwards a bit.
Can anyone point me in the right direction regarding adjustment screws or such like?

Thanks in advance

Check the bulb is properly seated. Usual problem…

trevorking1964:
Check the bulb is properly seated. Usual problem…

This. I’ve had to do a few of ours because they’ve not quite got the bulb sat in the holder properly when a driver has changed the bulb. On the DAFs if you don’t squuze the bulb holder in as you’re putting the bulb in there’s a little ridge that is supposed to sit on the inside of the bulb flange that ends up sat under it instead and that extra millimetre that side of the bulb is raised can make the difference between the beam pattern being right or pointing either up to the sky or straight down to the floor depending which way round you put the bulb holder back.

Thanks guys

Will check it out

RIPPER:

I seem to be getting flashed a lot cuz one of my headlights is dazzling oncoming traffic so going to see if i can adjust the o/s lamp downwards a bit.
Can anyone point me in the right direction regarding adjustment screws or such like?

Thanks in advance

Can you see the problem in the pic, the bulb in the is only off by a few mm but it shines higher than the main beam

Look straight in at the bulb (lights off ) and if its not centered inside the holder you need to refit it with the tab at the top
Open the door and remove the four plastic thumbscrews and the plastic panel, now remove the rear cover from headlight and unplug the bulb
release the spring bulb holders and remove bulb and refit in proper position
now check from the front that it is centered in the holder and refit the covers
and good luck, when fitters cant do the job properly there little hope for most drivers to do it

image001.jpg

205:

RIPPER:

Thanks in advance

Can you see the problem in the pic, the bulb in the is only off by a few mm but it shines higher than the main beam

Look straight in at the bulb (lights off ) and if its not centered inside the holder you need to refit it with the tab at the top
Open the door and remove the four plastic thumbscrews and the plastic panel, now remove the rear cover from headlight and unplug the bulb
release the spring bulb holders and remove bulb and refit in proper position
now check from the front that it is centered in the holder and refit the covers
and good luck, when fitters cant do the job properly there little hope for most drivers to do it

Is there any chance of answering this?
My bulb is perfectly centred. But the beam is still pointing at the floor

If your headlights were level before the bulb was changed then its a fitting problem . The V4 Volvo is the easiest one yet to get at the headlights , open the driver / passenger door (depending on what side you need ) take off the panel with the 4 half turn screws , then reach in and pop the cover off the headlight . Remove the plastic plug from the bulb then open the clip and make sure the bulb is properly in place . Once your sure its properly fitted reverse the steps and away you go . If I remember correctly these bulbs in the V4 sit sideways compared to the older V3’s but its all about making sure the little cutout on the bulb is correctly in its place .

beefy4605:
If your headlights were level before the bulb was changed then its a fitting problem . The V4 Volvo is the easiest one yet to get at the headlights , open the driver / passenger door (depending on what side you need ) take off the panel with the 4 half turn screws , then reach in and pop the cover off the headlight . Remove the plastic plug from the bulb then open the clip and make sure the bulb is properly in place . Once your sure its properly fitted reverse the steps and away you go . If I remember correctly these bulbs in the V4 sit sideways compared to the older V3’s but its all about making sure the little cutout on the bulb is correctly in its place .

Thanks, but I’m not sure the beam was level before.
Surely there must be some method of adjusting?
If someone asked for a Mercedes, I could tell them.
This is what it looks like. I tried adjusting both of the white 6mm plastic Allen sockets, but it didn’t seem to make any difference.

RIPPER:

Thanks in advance

Bulb is proberly in the wrong way around. Or not seated properly.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Nozza:

RIPPER:

Thanks in advance

Bulb is proberly in the wrong way around. Or not seated properly.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

When I say pointed at the floor, that’s probably an exaggeration. But it’s too far below level to see very far. I’m sure adjustment must be possible, if it wasn’t such a secret. The manual does not tell you how to, only that you must do so after replacing the DRL.

stu675:

beefy4605:

Thanks, but I’m not sure the beam was level before.
Surely there must be some method of adjusting?
If someone asked for a Mercedes, I could tell them.
This is what it looks like. I tried adjusting both of the white 6mm plastic Allen sockets, but it didn’t seem to make any difference.

Never had to adjust a headlight - if the truck passes its annual test the headlights should be properly set . Every instance of dazzling headlights in a V4 Volvo tht I have come across has been due to bulbs not being seated properly especially if its just one headlight . Can’t say anymore than that - we have 15 of them and its never been something we have had to do .

Did a night shift…

Out of Normanton for (I think it was Salvesens)

The usual sheds were all that were left for the regular agency chaps, all the decent stuff being VORd despite there being nothing wrong with them for their night men to sleep the entire shift in. After being messed about for 45 minutes and chucking one lorry back, I got given the keys to a DAF. I spotted that it had a headlight out so I wandered back in with the news. Team Pointy Shoes asked me to fill out a defect report for it. More hassle, more being messed about.

I filled out the ticket which read ‘headlight out’.

Pointy Shoes; which one?

Me; the one that’s not working.

He’s probably a director somewhere now.