Heading for Russia? Allow yourself some more time

With Christmas season approaching the merchants and retailers are piling up stocks and the hauliers get busier. So do the customs - the borders that were left over are getting more and more congested :confused:
Apparently the worst situation is on the eastern EU border: Vysne Nemecke - Uzhorod (SK-UA) 24hrs (waiting time for trucks) this morning, with forecast to cut it down to ~10hrs later this week. PL-BY crossings are experiencing similar conditions.
But it’s really bad at LV-RU borders: both the Terehovo - Burachki (E22/A12/M9, for Velikie Luki and Moscow) and the Grebnevo - Ubylinka (E262/A13/A116, for Pskov and Skt. Peterburg) are absolutely clogged up with 1000+ trucks queuing!

What about useing the ferrys from germany to Finnland,
& then helsinki --st peterburg, expensive yes but it would
be qukcker than sitting at the borders in the queues,

thats the way i will be going to moscow through from hesinki

couple of guys who i know went through from latvia about a month ago, was a 7km queue i think, took them 36 hours

bloody hell fella’s, some queues to beat tecos at waiting times! that must be a first!

Vaalima had 10km queue on Monday night and it seems growing; Nujama and Imatra were clear-ish but seem to got busier now.

alk.tiehallinto.fi/alk/rajaliikenne/e18_en.html

Vysne Nemecke has been to cut down to 12hrs now (official info), Brest got worst (word of mouth), Latvian crossings are not going to get much better soon.

Narva is horrible and so is Koidula-Pechori:
emta.ee/piir/?lang=en

So, euromat, and others, check news often before making decisions.

I’ve queued at Brest for three days before.

Harry Monk:

dorohusk 4 days 1996, never forget it . and we didn’t even have a problem. any advances ?

turnip:

Harry Monk:

dorohusk 4 days 1996, never forget it . and we didn’t even have a problem. any advances ?

17 days at risquons-tout (menen) 1971, one letter wrong on me CMR, eeeh lad :stuck_out_tongue:

turnip:

No, done three days at Dorohusk- saxophone, Mister?- but not four.

I was on for Kepstowe, who were you on for?

Harry Monk:

turnip:

No, done three days at Dorohusk- saxophone, Mister?- but not four.

I was on for Kepstowe, who were you on for?

Croomes for my sins .

Harry Monk:
yeah when i was with croomes we queued for 3 days and nights at brest on th BY side. it was late november and well below freezing, 17 km we measured it luvley jubsI’ve queued at Brest for three days before.

bedbath:

Harry Monk:
yeah when i was with croomes we queued for 3 days and nights at brest on th BY side. it was late november and well below freezing, 17 km we measured it luvley jubsI’ve queued at Brest for three days before.

Ha ha bedbath . Guess that’s you Dave !well done mate .