Heading for Lille?

You regulars may have already seen the signs, but just in case you didn’t:

From September through to November the A25 towards Lille will be subject to long delays eastbound as the concrete sub-base is being renewed. Drivers are advised to take an alternative route.

What this means is that one of Europe’s most delapidated main roads is finally getting a facelift. Unfortunately, knowing the French it could go on well into the new year. If you get stuck in it you can always admire the miniature planes and full sized field guns around that house on the other side of the road! :laughing:

Cheers,

Craig

about time too :open_mouth:
its dreadful and that house is`nt much better :laughing: :laughing:
jon

Glad im not going down that way anymore, tho knowing my luck the Elbe tunnel in Hamburg is gona be shut for the forseable future. Didn’t the place with the guns and planes have something on his roof at one time or another, like a shark or something! or was that somewere else or did i imagine it?
(not a real one it was like a fibreglass jobbie, honest)
Steve

I had to go into Port Fluvial in Lille last Friday to make some export papers.
The next morning when I left I followed the signs for the Autoroute to Gand (Gent) and ended up driving round and round for over 45 min trying to get out of the damned place!
First of all their was a diversion,so I follow that only to find there’s a 3.8m bridge and so follow the diversion around that only to find I’m back where I started!! :frowning:
What a godforsaken hole that place is. :unamused:

And you almost a local too :unamused: .

You should know perfectly well to head for Mons/Charlerio (heading for Tournai), then turn off onto the Gand Autoroute :laughing: :laughing:

The most direct route has always been horrendously signed.

Getting there was no problem Simon,I arrived the previous evening too late to do the papers,it was the next morning when I left that I hit trouble.
I should have just gone back out the way I went in instead of listening to one of the locals who knew a short cut :unamused: