Head light fault

Last night make delivery to London.drop and swap trailers and found who in my unit headlight from offside have fault.all side light was good and headlight from nearside working.i must back to Northampton.near all way back motorway with light.i decide drivers with one light.nobody stop me .if truck have one light fault and stop police -what will be.■■?
if drivers drivers at motorway with have light,so can t see anyway my light fault.

It happened during your journey - record it in your defect book or follow company defect procedure (some companies have you phone in defects and they record them at the depot, rather than all trucks having defect books) and you’re perfectly legal to continue your day.

are it is legaly drive at motorway with one headlight■■?

Andrejs:

Yes mate, as long as you didn’t leave the depot like that, it’s happened during the journey and you’ve reported / recorded it, then it’s perfectly fine.

Personally Id never drive a vehicle with an H/L out especially at night. For a start first VOSA van that sees you is gonna give you a good looking over. In 7 years ive been tugged twice. Its better to go under the radar so to speak :wink:

Depending on the truck its 1-5 minutes to change a H/L bulb… its not rocket science. From a legal perspactive your fine tho as long as the lights where working at the begining of your shift

if this happened at some place where must drive long distance by single cariageway -i preffer not start,report to company and wit assistance.but in this time all road back was by motorway with light.

stupidn00b:
Personally Id never drive a vehicle with an H/L out especially at night. For a start first VOSA van that sees you is gonna give you a good looking over. In 7 years ive been tugged twice. Its better to go under the radar so to speak :wink:

Depending on the truck its 1-5 minutes to change a H/L bulb… its not rocket science. From a legal perspactive your fine tho as long as the lights where working at the begining of your shift

yes change bulb can taked 5 min.i can do but i don t have spare bulb.i think buy spare bulb.sometime this can help .i have spare fuses.one time i was waiting 2 hours assistence to change fuses.

Andrejs:

Only if riding a motorbike.