Hazchem question

Should this guy be displaying orange boards both front and rear?

He’s got one on the back, it’s attached to the IBC :laughing:

emptys so no need

Latique:
emptys so no need

Empty clean, or empty dirty? In Hazchem land that’s a massive difference.

Latique:
emptys so no need

This^^^. :smiley:

:bulb: The exception is if the residue in the empties is a substance that is in ADR Transport Category 0 (zero.)

the maoster:

Latique:
emptys so no need

Hi maoster,

The difference that I think you mean would be true if it were a tanker.

For the carriage of packages, empties are in ADR Transport Category 4, which has no limit.

The exception is if the dangerous goods residue in the (uncleaned) packages is a substance which is in ADR Transport Category 0 (zero.)

Very good maoster :laughing: . I like how this has ended up in a discussion about adr regs :smiley:

dieseldave:

the maoster:

Latique:
emptys so no need

Hi maoster,

The difference that I think you mean would be true if it were a tanker.

For the carriage of packages, empties are in ADR Transport Category 4, which has no limit.

The exception is if the dangerous goods residue in the (uncleaned) packages is a substance which is in ADR Transport Category 0 (zero.)

Thank you Dave, every day is a schoolday as they say. To be honest I’ve never done ADR in anything other than tankers so wasn’t aware of that, plus the fact that you and I didn’t do a great deal of washing out on our old job did we?

the maoster:

Latique:
emptys so no need

Yeh… “Empty of Domestos” would be “full of Chlorine Gas” wouldn’t it. Sodium hypochlorite decomposes in sunlight, and those drums appear to be translucent at least partially.

The dead giveaway for any actual gas production would be a “fizzy bottle hiss” when you unscrew the lid then. Better hold your breath!