Hazards lights ,what do they mean too you

I broke down yesterday just off m1 jct 18 s/b ,came off m1 down slip road too R/o and pulled up ,went too pull away and had no gears ( had a few issues earlier that may have been a for warning of doom) .
So on went hazards too warn traffic comming down slip I was having issues ,I would of got out too wave drivers into left hand lane but was trying to sort problems .
Even after the highways truck pulled up ( he was too right of truck on R/0 ) there was still 50 % of drivers pulling up behind me ,I could hear the m/ways bloke shouting at them too go round ,this was in the majority cars but a fair smattering of trucks including my mate who just thought I was stopped waiting too turn right ( with my hazards on :unamused: ) .
So what do hazards mean too you if anything :question:

Hazard flashers = clueless driver, avoid.

If you know the highway code as any professional driver should you would know when to use hazards.
Using them at other times in certain circumstances can cause confusion and lets face it there is enough confusion already.
Why do some insist on making their own rules?

Hazard lights = unquestionable right to park wherever you wish… :slight_smile:

Hazard lights on motorway = cancel plans for early finish. :angry:

Was the highways agency vehicle blocking the left hand indicator on the rear of your trailer?
If so I will have looked like you were sat with your right hand indicator on.
I deliver to a lot of busy streets/roads and if there is a car parked in front or behind me I won’t use my hazards while I’m unloading because on coming traffic will only see one indicator flashing not both so they will think your waiting to pull out.

Taxi drivers dropping/collecting their punters off

Well according to some of the drivers round my area hazard lights are for when you want to park illegally on the double yellow lines while you nip into the shop

What’s worse though,that or these tipper drivers that drive round with their orange beacons permantly on thinking they are the 4th emergency service■■?

Vehicle turning but driver doesn’t do commitment.

ckm1981:
What’s worse though,that or these tipper drivers that drive round with their orange beacons permantly on thinking they are the 4th emergency service■■?

One slight excuse might be that there’s no longer a light on the dash telling you they’re on. My old Foden had a switch up by the tacho but it didn’t light up, it was a rather gay flickering beacon that you couldn’t hear going around like a proper old one.
The beacons on my current motor make the roof vibrate so I’ve no excuse to leave them on.
AA and RAC Breakdown vans towing a Micra are worst offenders. What’s abnormal about a bloody Micra (except the blue rinse who thinks the NSL is 35mph)?

For when you want to avoid a traffic jam by driving down the hard shoulder :open_mouth:

And dozy mate, as much as a despise grammar nazism I can’t take this any more. All these toos are melting my brain :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

Use them when causing an obstruction to show folk that you are sat sitting! :slight_smile: Not to be used when either towing a broken down vehicle or being towed, which is something folk used to do, and we used to have to use them along with the amber beacon in quarries, roadworks or when on works premises to warn workers etc that we were manouvering. It annoys me personally when I flash a vehicle out from the kerb only to find that (when they fail to move and I pass them) they have their hazzards on and aint going anywhere soon! :smiling_imp:

Pete.

Terry T:
And dozy mate, as much as a despise grammar nazism I can’t take this any more. All these toos are melting my brain :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

Is it “toos” or “too’s” - They melt my brain too! :smiley:

Evil8Beezle:

Terry T:

Apostrophes indicate possession and in that case I was using the plural form so I’m sticking with toos :smiley:

dozy:
I broke down yesterday just off m1 jct 18 s/b ,came off m1 down slip road too R/o and pulled up ,went too pull away and had no gears ( had a few issues earlier that may have been a for warning of doom) .
So on went hazards too warn traffic comming down slip I was having issues ,I would of got out too wave drivers into left hand lane but was trying to sort problems .
Even after the highways truck pulled up ( he was too right of truck on R/0 ) there was still 50 % of drivers pulling up behind me ,I could hear the m/ways bloke shouting at them too go round ,this was in the majority cars but a fair smattering of trucks including my mate who just thought I was stopped waiting too turn right ( with my hazards on :unamused: ) .
So what do hazards mean too you if anything :question:

Seriouly dozy you should know this.
The average driver may be to busy on the phone or updating their facepalm status to realise whats happening in front of them. We make allowances for this as pro drivers.

Also your nearside indicator may have been obscured from view by the road angle and also your average driver who has always habitially got in the right hand lane may not react to the obsticle till its to late.

When driving we must make allowances for others and also realise that most of the time we are ■■■■■■■ other road users off by either being in their way, not accelerating fast enough or just bullying ourselves into extra roadspace.

windrush:
Use them when causing an obstruction to show folk that you are sat sitting! :slight_smile: Not to be used when either towing a broken down vehicle or being towed, which is something folk used to do, and we used to have to use them along with the amber beacon in quarries, roadworks or when on works premises to warn workers etc that we were manouvering. It annoys me personally when I flash a vehicle out from the kerb only to find that (when they fail to move and I pass them) they have their hazzards on and aint going anywhere soon! :smiling_imp:

Pete.

to show folk that you are sat sitting!

I like that one Pete…that made me chuckle. :laughing: Definitely better than stationary!

Terry T:

Evil8Beezle:

Terry T:

Apostrophes indicate possession and in that case I was using the plural form so I’m sticking with toos :smiley:

When it’s plural…toos’ is the correct way here!

nodding donkey:
Hazard flashers = clueless driver, avoid.

AKA a Dozy [emoji42]

Couldn’t resist [emoji6]

Born Idle:

Terry T:

Evil8Beezle:

Terry T:

When it’s plural…toos’ is the correct way here!

Only if it is both plural and possessive!

e.g.
There were too many toos.
The too’s initial letter was in lower case (i.e. there was only one “too” and it had a lower case T)
Both of the toos’ initial letters were in lower case (i.e. there were two “toos” and both of them had a lower case T)