hazard perception

hi can anyone help ive failed the hazard perception again.is there a better practice dvd than the dsa one!.any help would be apreciated.

If you search enough on the net you can find free tests but I found it was all about when you clicked.

First time i failed by 2 points and was clicking for almost every hazard even non developing ones. I wnt clicking randomly or a lot but it wasn’t at the right times. The DVD is very poor on click response.

I told myself that I would only click for the developing hazard in every clip. I would click as soon as i saw it and then straight after when it had just started to elope. This worked for me a treat and I flew through it the second time.

I nev had to do it for my driving test as it came into effect years after i passed my car test

these tests are completely ridiculous, for an experienced driver, we generally see hazards developing much sooner than a new driver.

consequently we click before the “scoring window has started”

my instructor told me the best way to do it was to click each hazard three time, three seconds apart.

saying that though, i only just passed, i got kicked out of one question for clicking too often, and i suspect i was clicking too soon.

use the 3 second rule though, it seemed to work on my practice run.

actually, thinking about it, my instructor told me to

click once,

wait one second

click a second time

wait two seconds

click a third time

I wish i could help you with this but the HPT is the worst test ive ever done and it should be scrapped, its not even taken from the prospective of a lorry drivers view its used by a car, thats how stupid it is! I also used the dvd from the dsa and on one of the examples i couldnt score more than 3 no matter how many different ways i did the test. My best advice is keep practicing with the dvd click when you see a hazard, click again if it changes, and keep clicking until the hazard has gone, its not unusual to click on a hazard 10 times or more some hazards could be a wet or muddy road and need only one click.

This test looks at skills such as planning, selecting a safe seperation distance, using appropriate speed, planning ahead and having good anticipation! or so it says!

I scored 81/100 for this stupid test. If an experienced driver cant score 100% then the test should really be reveiwed, abolished and replaced by something better. Or maybe it is designed to raise revenue and have pass fail quotas like a slot machine…hmmmmm

Anyway good luck for next time.

How I did my HPT was basically the same method as what PhillH said. Back when I was learning to drive a car my instructor told me click 3 times in total.

First click as soon as you see the hazard, second click when you are about to approach the hazard and the final click when you’re just about to pass the hazard.

I did that for my car & lorry tests, it didn’t fail me and I passed both times I took the tests. Also there is a website where you can practice the HPT I used it a few times I used the free trial. IIRC the website is called driver theory 4 all. Good luck passing the test.

Listen to “PhillH” method, worked for me too. I failed that bloody test 2 times!!! like has been said us experienced drivers who have been driving for a few years see the hazard even before the computer does or decides to score you for it!! so yeah beat the system by that little trick. I agree that test and the cpc case studies, well infact all of them are utter ■■■■■■■■.

The main reason for these tests is MONEY!! yeah that’s right all it is is just a little money maker for the dsa. Anyway goodluck on the retest you will pass it sooner or later.

Check this out, i used this after, good dvd i thought.

amazon.co.uk/Driving-Test-Su … -2-catcorr

brawn gp i have just purchased that dvd so hope it is better than the dsa version.thanks for the advice guys much apreciated.

butler:
brawn gp i have just purchased that dvd so hope it is better than the dsa version.thanks for the advice guys much apreciated.

Yeah it’s good. Remember to set it to LGV in the settings box ect. Goodluck for the retest.

Ive had to do mine for my hgv and bike tests and they both use the view from a car ■■?

When i practiced i found that sometimes i would find myself looking at the car in front picking out the hazards for that, remember the computer screen as your windscreen and look over the car you are suppose to be following, click when you first see a hazard then wait a second or two and click again.

hi the new dvd is a lot better.ive got the driver cpc case studies soon what cani expect on the test.