Hazard Perception

Hi Everyone,

And a happy new year to you all…

Ok guy’s I have my Theory test tomorrow and I’m confident with the multiple choice. But this Hazard perception is doing my head in.

Firstly I did it through my TV and DVD and my scores were garbage, I though it was the remote… So today I have been using my PC and I am no better off?? It would be easy to just click away but surely that would’nt go un noticed? So please help me!!

When should I click mouse?? For instance first clip on HPT DVD I click when I see man jogging and also when I see the car approaching junction, Do I have to click again to avoid jogger?? and then a bit further on I see a parked car in the distance I click. Do I have to click again when passing that car…

I hope you understand where Im coming from…

Any help appreciated

Thanks… :blush: :imp:

Hey man, I did the Hazard Perception last Thursday and did my Multiple Choice today so hopefully I can be of help.

The idea is to only click for hazards that as a driver you would have to take action for, you don’t need to click for every thing you see. The test is designed to throw curveballs at you. Look for things such as indicators, emergency service blue lights, speed of vehicles approaching junctions, animals etc.

In your example, you wouldn’t need to click for the jogger for instance, as I’m assuming he’s just happily running along the side of the road showing no sign of going to cross. If in the clip he were to look round/over his shoulder and move closer to the road, then you would need to click as in the real world you would need to take action.

A tip I learned whilst doing my car theory, which I also feel helped during this one, is when you see the developing hazard, click the mouse around once a second untill the hazard has passed. This way if it is a scoring hazard you are guarenteed to get at least some points.

The best advice I can give is simply to relax (difficult in the test center I know, why the hell do they make you remove your watch?) and try not to overthink each clip. I know a couple of times the clips were simply long stretches of empty road and I found myself thinking “I must have missed it at the start” then of course something will come along.

Best of luck with both of them.

On some of the dvd’s for HPT there is a way of going back to reveiw where you & when you should have clicked :confused: you may find it helpful to go back over it slowly :bulb: - If you click repetatively throughout a clip their pc wotsit will pick up on it & you will get a big ‘0’ score for that clip :confused: Don’t forget that there are two sets of hazards in some of there clips, so mind you don’t get caught uot on that one :exclamation: :wink: Good luck for tomorrow - let us know how you got on :smiley:

Thanks bonnie lass…

Yes the DSA Hazard Perception DVD does go back over it with you… But still I can’t get it sussed…

It’s like I am not clicking enough…

But thanks for the input, Im probably making a mountain out a mole hill…

Thank…

Im sure you wil be fine , i got 72 out of 100 ( you need at least 67 to pass) ,when i did the test last wednesday . That was with very little preperation :blush: , just did two clips online . Basically i clicked on any potential hazards and then again 2 or 3 times if /when the hazard developed .

im sure with the prep you have done ,you will pass with no problems :wink:

cheers mike

Cheers Mike…

hope this helps type into google drivingtheory4all and simply create a free ten day trial i used this and found it to be really good :slight_smile:

Hi Everyone,

Great News!! :smiley: :smiley: Another step forward…

Passed Theory Test Today…

I am assuming now I have to wait on a letter before making contact with Training School?

Thanks for your input…

Mark…

P.S Thanks cbarnes for your input missed it last night had an early one…

MarkyBoy:
Hi Everyone,

Great News!! :smiley: :smiley: Another step forward…

Passed Theory Test Today…

I am assuming now I have to wait on a letter before making contact with Training School?

Thanks for your input…

Mark…

P.S Thanks cbarnes for your input missed it last night had an early one…

What letter you should have received a piece of paper with your results on I know I did

Yes I got two letters… one for multiple choice and one for Hazard Perception scores…

It states on both letters that I will recieve a Pass Certificate Number that i will need when booking my Practical?? Was just verifying that… As I want to get into my practical ASAP…

Mark

well done Mark , see i told ya it would be fine :wink: What score did you get out of interest ?
AS soon as you have passed both bits you will get a pass certificate thru the post ,mine took 3 days or so . you need the pass cert for your trainer to book the test .

cheers mike

Thanks,
My scores were Multiple Choice (97) and Hazard Perception (80)…

Really Happy… All that worry over nothing…

Roll on practical… :smiley:

Well done. Good luck mate and all the best with you’re training. I had trouble with my Hazard perception test, i passed 3rd attempt :blush:

Thanks…brawngp…

I can relax till I get that letter…

Well done on your theory test passes, your one step futher twords your goal :smiley: :smiley:

yes you are right you receive a ltter through the post with your pass cert on the back you prob get it by the end of the week i got mine really quick. i would go for the the cpc case studies as most trining providers will tell you all you need to know for the mod 4 (cpc practical) just passed my cpc case studies on tuesday dead easy

MarkyBoy:
Yes I got two letters… one for multiple choice and one for Hazard Perception scores…

It states on both letters that I will recieve a Pass Certificate Number that i will need when booking my Practical?? Was just verifying that… As I want to get into my practical ASAP…

Mark

There is a ref no. on the piece of paper you got the results on and that is you pass cert no. thats all you need to book practical so you dont have to wait for letter !!!

all the best

Jennie x

Thanks for your reply Jennie…

I recieved two pieces of paper one for each test… And on both there are a Pass Score Report No.

And they are both different…■■

Mark…

thats the no i used when passing my tests the report no .
Jennie x

YOU will have a certificate no. but only when it arrives in the post ! the number is not on the papers they gave you after the tests :unamused: . Be patient it will be with you soon :wink: