Hazard perception

I’ve got my theory & hazard test on 16th January & although theory practice is going ok with scores in the low 90’s the hazard part seems to be a touch more difficult, I am seeing the hazards sometimes far too early sometimes too late which is quite frustrating. I’ve been driving for 30 years without an accident & always thought I was well aware of what’s going on around me, I have started clicking at every possible hazard without going overboard which seems to be working slowly so fingers crossed for the day :slight_smile:

Real test much easier with CGI than videos from car. Just remember its when the hazard develops rather than when you first spot a potential hazard. Good luck for test.

wrighty1:
I’ve got my theory & hazard test on 16th January & although theory practice is going ok with scores in the low 90’s the hazard part seems to be a touch more difficult, I am seeing the hazards sometimes far too early sometimes too late which is quite frustrating. I’ve been driving for 30 years without an accident & always thought I was well aware of what’s going on around me, I have started clicking at every possible hazard without going overboard which seems to be working slowly so fingers crossed for the day :slight_smile:

Yes same as me! I have my Hazard, Theory and CPC all booked for Jan. I have the official DVSA CD’s. I’m rinsing the multiple choice but the hazard perception is a little more difficult. I’m passing but not as much as I’d like.

A tip that worked for me was, one click when you first see the hazard and then another two seconds later. This gives you a good chance of getting a higher points score on the clip. I failed my first one by just clicking when I saw the hazard but passed the second one much easier.

one click when you first see the hazard and then another two seconds later. This gives you a good chance of getting a higher points score on the clip

+1

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

mamil:
Real test much easier with CGI than videos from car. Just remember its when the hazard develops rather than when you first spot a potential hazard. Good luck for test.

Is this the disc i need to be useing for my theory is this the up to date one ? My friend has let me use it but i want to make sure am using the correct one ? Thanks guys.

shepo08:

mamil:

Is this the disc i need to be useing for my theory is this the up to date one ? My friend has let me use it but i want to make sure am using the correct one ? Thanks guys.

That is the 2013 version, I have the 2015 version but wouldn’t know how different it is.

wrighty1:

shepo08:

mamil:

That is the 2013 version, I have the 2015 version but wouldn’t know how different it is.

oo really? do you know what the 2015 one looks like or a link to where i could find it please? also does the 2015 one have the new CGI hazard perception?

They are sold at Halfords & it does have one CGI hazard test on it.

There’s ones from the DVSA themselves although the clips on it are a mix of CGI and real video - the one you do is similar but pure CGI and is actually fractionally easier than the DVD.

If you’ve not done thetheory test, there’s also the theory DVD and in my opinion a very useful book that goes with it (I still refer to it).

Hazard - dsabooks.co.uk/product_info. … cts_id=235
Theory - dsabooks.co.uk/product_info. … ucts_id=11

Theory book - dsabooks.co.uk/product_info. … ducts_id=6

Books etc available via various sources, but this lot seem to be cheaper than most (they aren’t the DVSA despite their web site name).

trevHCS:
There’s ones from the DVSA themselves although the clips on it are a mix of CGI and real video - the one you do is similar but pure CGI and is actually fractionally easier than the DVD.

If you’ve not done thetheory test, there’s also the theory DVD and in my opinion a very useful book that goes with it (I still refer to it).

Hazard - dsabooks.co.uk/product_info. … cts_id=235
Theory - dsabooks.co.uk/product_info. … ucts_id=11

Theory book - dsabooks.co.uk/product_info. … ducts_id=6

Books etc available via various sources, but this lot seem to be cheaper than most (they aren’t the DVSA despite their web site name).

Do you know if they is much difference with 2013 theory to the 2015 one ? As appearntly the new 2015 one has something to do with no speed limits for lgvs ? But they aint no point in me spending £20 on the disc if the only changes is a new speed limit for lgv if tbis is true what are the new speed limits guys for lgvs on the roads ? Thanks.

Personally don’t know, but I should mention there are various companies who produce these DVDs so even the 2015 versions won’t be the same. The only reason I went for the above is they are produced by the people who run the tests, so in theory are as close as they allow to the real tests. However, hopefully most of them will be reasonably accurate.

As for LGV speeds - they are now as below unless the speed limit in force is lower:

50 on single carriageway
60 on dual carriageway
60 on motorway

Except if you’re in Scotland:

40 on single carriageway
50 on dual carriageway
60 on motorway

The majority of trucks are actually limited to 56mph anyway, but those are the official limits as I believe much older trucks aren’t limited.