Hazard Perception theory DVD

Hi,
Does anyone know of a really good Hazard Perception CD with ‘unlimited’ clips on to enable me to practice for my test?
I have brought the 2012 Edition which stated ‘unlimited’ clips but to only find out it had 295 clips to show so bit of a difference!
It’s not a big issue as I only practice 1-2 times a week and seem to get higher than 67% anyway so I should be fine on my test day but now when I practice, I seem to be coming across the same clips which is not very helpful when you know when to click the mouse for the developing hazard!

I’m not interested in the theory part on the CD as I have the book so should pass this quite easily but the main concern is HP and I don’t want to fail!

Cheers, Charlie

Whilst I can’t advise you on training material, may I offer a bit of advice that I could have done with myself?

I passed my HP the first time but would have scored higher (I got 73%) if I hadn’t let my subconcious take over.
Sounds a bit silly but… I found I was thinking of the mouse button as brake. When I saw the hazard I clicked the button twice (as previously advised) but on the test I found that, as I came ‘nearer’ to the hazard, I was (subconciously) inclined to click some more (like applying more brake). The result was that I lost points on one hazard for overclicking.

I hope that all makes sense.

Good luck with everything.
Alan

I used that same dvd mate. Start practising it as a whole test, theory then hpt. I was getting quite low scores to start with, changed the monitor and started practising the test as a whole. I averaged 90% 10 times in a row over a couple of nights, and the test was a doddle (98% theory, 81% hpt)

I will agree with Alan about the mouse, I got carried away on one and lots the score, luckily it was only a 5 pointer and not the 10 point one I thought it was at the time.

Good luck mate, you will fly it :wink:

Thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated

Another hint that caught me out , as someone who drives a lot i found that i was seeing the hazards before the computer thought i should be seeing them so at first was missing scoring as was clicking too soon , the hp test is designed for new drivers to make them aware of hazards and teaching them to prepare for the worst case senerio so what i had to do is see the hazard on screen then hold out for a split second then click and then got myself in scoring zone with that was able to pass my hp but it was close , there is a function on the screen to see where you are clicking so you can see if this is the case , i think its when it reruns after you have done the test on the cd but cant remember fully anyhow hope this helps

jen x

+1, took me a while to realise that the bike speeding up to the junction is not a hazard till it gets near to the junction… but the vids allow a review in practice mode so you can get a clue as to where you should be clicking. Excellent help for the test