Hazard perception test

Hi all i’ve been using DVD to help with this test now on my DVD it won’t let you click on hazards that are close together it just thinks your trying to do something with the disc
It also brings up a red flag to show you’ve shown hazard and this stays up for various amounts of time does the same thing happen in the real haz test and do I have to click for all parked cars or just if parked on roadside cheers Ed

No you dont click on all park cars or even all on the road side you only click when you see a hazard about to happen ie if kids are running near the car or a car/van has just stopped if you expect the driver to just jump out ect . or if some one is exiting a side road on a horse that may just start to reer up or some thing like that .even a cyclist that may swerve out in front of you these are hazards but look at the full screen as you will see things going on before they become a hazard then wait till just before it happens before you click . if you click top many times you will get no points .on that clip :open_mouth: :confused:

Your looking for the developing hazard, the hazard that will force you to change direction or brake etc. If your an experienced driver though you can forget passing first time, only ■■■■ drivers can pass them in one shot according to many people on this site.

oh lol i passed 1st time mate but only because i was warned by my mate who took it the month before and failed . he told me to use the three click thing .ie spot the hazard click three times counting to 2 before each click and i nailed it but if he hadnt warned me i would deffo of failed .and ive been driving 25yrs .
after the test i was asked to do a trial vidio for them ( it does not affect your score )so i did … lol and they were just as C**p as the others .

So I don’t click on random hazards just the ones that are developing in front of me that make my driving style change ie brake or change direction but how do you know which ones are going that way or is it clear to see sorry if sound daft but this DVD has mashed my head

YAMBOL57:
oh lol i passed 1st time mate but only because i was warned by my mate who took it the month before and failed . he told me to use the three click thing .ie spot the hazard click three times counting to 2 before each click and i nailed it but if he hadnt warned me i would deffo of failed .and ive been driving 25yrs .
after the test i was asked to do a trial vidio for them ( it does not affect your score )so i did … lol and they were just as C**p as the others .

Lots of people on here who fail the simple hpt come back and moan about it say its because they’ve got too much road experience.

Lots of people on here who fail the simple hpt come back and moan about it say its because they’ve got too much road experience.[/quote

so is it a simple test then matey and I’m just worrying about nothing

Kirk Ella 71:
Lots of people on here who fail the simple hpt come back and moan about it say its because they’ve got too much road experience.
[/quote

Concept is very simple mate, see a hazzard/developing hazzard and click 3 times in a sec or so gap!! But the scoring system is messed up and if you click before scoring window you get no points and could fail. It’s easy to fail this test but can also be easy to pass if you adopt the right clicking method!!

yea simple if you know not to click TO EARLY :unamused: or to many times for no reason ie just parked cars …
but that makes a lot more money for the gov eh at £15 a shot …like dvla loosing your v5 then wanting £25 for a new one … :imp: … no mate its not that simple practic with a disc and practic untill you can get all the hazards spot on the 5 mark …nothing is simple with any part of the hgv test belive me …i found the tick test easier but passed both 1 st time ask an instructor there are enough good ones on here … :wink:

Kirk Ella 71:
So I don’t click on random hazards just the ones that are developing in front of me that make my driving style change ie brake or change direction but how do you know which ones are going that way or is it clear to see sorry if sound daft but this DVD has mashed my head

Following a cyclist on the road is not a hazard so no need to click, when that same cyclist swerves to avoid say a parked car at the last minute is when it becomes a developing hazard. The start of the marks will be when the said cyclist looks over his shoulder, so if you click then you will get 5 marks. Its simple so along as you practice and work out where the marks are and where the clues are.

Kirk Ella 71:

I just get ■■■■■■ off with people who bang on about how long they’ve been driving, like theres some kind of hierarchy when it comes to driving. I had it with the guy i done my rigid test with, held his license for 30years, looked down his ■■■■■■■ nose at me the whole time.

Yeah on the disk I’ve noticed that you can score zero when you click on the hazards they show you and then re-do the same one and click couple of times on actual hazard ie person coming into road full points
so now I seem to have got the clues just how long inbetween clicks on hazard please

lol did you pass …i had it with inspectors on the Busses mate who had been driving 3yrs crept their way up the ladder and knew it all eh . :laughing: the thing is you gotta get on with the instuctor if you havent got repect for him then how can you take in what he says …? so then you gotta ask for a new instructor who is mre aproachable

Kirk Ella 71:
Yeah on the disk I’ve noticed that you can score zero when you click on the hazards they show you and then re-do the same one and click couple of times on actual hazard ie person coming into road full points
so now I seem to have got the clues just how long inbetween clicks on hazard please

One or two seconds between clicks should do it, you can quite often tell when its “happened”, so just try and get the clicks in when you think it is. Just remember your clicking on the hazard that forces you to change you driving. Did you not do it when you did a car test or did you pass before for it was brought in.

Have you done any other of the theory tests? Have you had a go in a lorry yet?

Saaamon:

Kirk Ella 71:

I just get ■■■■■■ off with people who bang on about how long they’ve been driving, like theres some kind of hierarchy when it comes to driving. I had it with the guy i done my rigid test with, held his license for 30years, looked down his [zb] nose at me the whole time.

Yeah well if thats the case he sounds like a right arse, was it other studant your talking about or trainer? anyway having held a car licence for 30 years or 3 years doesnt make any difference i feel when it comes to driving a lorry and passing the test on it.

YAMBOL57:
lol did you pass …i had it with inspectors on the Busses mate who had been driving 3yrs crept their way up the ladder and knew it all eh . :laughing: the thing is you gotta get on with the instuctor if you havent got repect for him then how can you take in what he says …? so then you gotta ask for a new instructor who is mre aproachable

Yeah i got 3 minors and he got 5. But he did his test before mine and went home afterwards so he probably never found out. I’m 22 and he just saw me as a kid and thats what it was about, i didn’t let it show that i was annoied by it and it just spurred me on through those tough parts. What licenses do you have? bus and lorry?

brawngp:

Saaamon:

Kirk Ella 71:

I just get ■■■■■■ off with people who bang on about how long they’ve been driving, like theres some kind of hierarchy when it comes to driving. I had it with the guy i done my rigid test with, held his license for 30years, looked down his [zb] nose at me the whole time.

Yeah well if thats the case he sounds like a right arse, was it other studant your talking about or trainer? anyway having held a car licence for 30 years or 3 years doesnt make any difference i feel when it comes to driving a lorry and passing the test on it.

It was the other pupil i was with.

Both now :laughing: just in case eh .

YAMBOL57:
Both now :laughing: just in case eh .

Very nice, i honestly dont know how people drive buses, i love having the radio blasting out and being on my own driving :smiley: . Although, i must admit i’d love to get a job driving lorries where the company insisited on smart clothes, shirt and tie etc like they do most of the time with coaches. I take pride in my appearence at work but i’d probably look abit silly operating a hiab in a shirt, people would think ive escaped from a loney bin.

Saaamon:

Kirk Ella 71:

One or two seconds between clicks should do it, you can quite often tell when its “happened”, so just try and get the clicks in when you think it is. Just remember your clicking on the hazard that forces you to change you driving. Did you not do it when you did a car test or did you pass before for it was brought in.

Have you done any other of the theory tests? Have you had a go in a lorry yet?

No I haven’t done one yet as I passed car test back in 88
got both my theory and hazard together one after the other and had my first drive in class 2 earlier this week to see how many days training I need