Hazard perception test

Keep failing hazard perception on my phone training app. Does anyone have any tips of how these tests even work? I can’t see that I am missing hazards , not clicking too much …. What is even classed as a hazard in these tests ? A blind bend? A parked car? Very little on the internet of how the tests works…

Saint85:
Keep failing hazard perception on my phone training app. Does anyone have any tips of how these tests even work? I can’t see that I am missing hazards , not clicking too much …. What is even classed as a hazard in these tests ? A blind bend? A parked car? Very little on the internet of how the tests works…

Passed my Theory/Hazard in March

Three tips.

1. Read the post clip explanation to understand the hazard and watch the re-run of the clip as it shows you on the bottom bar exactly when the Hazard “click Window” starts and finishes

2. Once you think the Hazard “Click window” has opened, click once every second for 4 seconds (No faster), I found four clicks a second apart did not trigger the “spam” switch and gave the best chance of hitting the sweet spot. This may take some practice, but you can practice on a clip you’ve already watched.

3. Buy the official DVLA practice app on your LAPTOP. The mobile app is VERY good at teaching you what hazards to look for and giving you the maximum number of clips to practice on. BUT…
    The hazards of some of the clips are beginning so far away from the camera that it’s very difficult to see them on a tiny phone screen. I found it much easier on the larger Laptop screen.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Saint85:

Like as already been said, practice on a laptop, the hazard perception is basically a computer game, that’s it! Half an hour everyday for a couple of weeks and you will fly through it, you could also try the Ba…na…na method of clicking whereby when you identify a hazard slowly say banana with one click on each of the syllables virtually guaranteeing that you get a click within the scoring window, but if you click too many times on one clip you score zero. Half an hour a day for a fortnight, piece of cake.

some clips here safedrivingforlife.info/fre … tion-test/
and here hazardperceptiontest.net/

I was given access to DTS Anytime to practice on. I found a windows machine more responsive than android.

The official CGI clips are far easier than video, remember the test itself will be CGI clips

Hazard Perception was the most stressful ‘theory’ part of learning to drive for me.
I was enrolled on an online system called Driving Test Success by my training school, and it showed both ‘real video’ and CGI clips. The real video clips are much harder, and if you can do those you’ll smash the CGI ones. I don’t mind saying I passed by the skin of my teeth, and I don’t feel I gained anything from doing it. As others have said, just keep clicking regularly (not too quickly on each hazard and not too soon) and you’ll be ok.

Just a warning though, the hazard perception clips on the DVSA or any other similar sites will not be the actual clips you will get on the test.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Do the practice on a computer the same as your will on test. When given the opportunity to review your wrong answers, look at where you clicked compared to where you would have scored maximum points or at least some points. Keep on doing them until you get it right.

The idea is to look for developing hazards, such as a car about to pull out on you or a truck indicating to change lane.

You can click more than once but a scatter-gun technique will result in nul points.

Tonyw38:
I was given access to DTS Anytime to practice on. I found a windows machine more responsive than android.

The official CGI clips are far easier than video, remember the test itself will be CGI clips

I’d recommend this, passed my theory last week using this found it superb.

CGI clips in the real test I found easier than all the practice ones tbh, just remember to concentrate and don’t just focus ahead - scan side to side especially if the its buily up areas/crossings/side roads etc.

Good luck!

I just passed mine last Tuesday, double click one second apart on hazards. Try and get them on the approach to the hazard, they’re blatant in the theory centre all CGI and the mock ones seem to be a lot harder, I didn’t even bother with them. Of course the longer you sit revising thinking you’ll fail, the more months money they get out of you.

Just read your DVSA Guide to Driving Goods Vehicles and you’ll be mint on the theory and CPC. You really want to memorize driver hours and how they can be reduced, also the fact you can interrupt daily rest twice for no more than a hour to get on & off a ferry. Also it goes from a 24 hour to a 30 hour period if you’re double manning.

The mock tests won’t cover everything the DVSA book will. :smiley: