Hazard perception now CGI?

Are all HP tests now CGI or is it something they are testing in selected areas before a big roll out??

Mines booked for 5th feb in Southampton

Cheers

According to DVLA website they have switched over to CGI, no mention of selected area or trial areas.

If the clip they showcase the changes on are anything to go by its a marked improvement!

Clips are a lot sharper and far better to see.

Best of luck on your test

I recently did my hazzard and it was cgi, after struggling with the real video clips, I worried a little, I only found out it was cgi night before…

But the cgi was brilliant, crystal clear, and on the actual test it’s slowed down, so you can actually a lot easier, now you can see when a vehicle is indicating, or a cyclist in the distance, I sailed through, and I bet a lot more people will aswell including yourself, good luck with your test

Regards Chris

Passed mine last Monday in Manchester, was CGI didn’t even know it had been changed until the first video started playing, is so much easier than the videos I had been practising on.

I’ve had my medical and just received a training DVD for the hazzard perception test. My God the quality is awful, its really badly pixelated. The best marks I’ve had per video is 3 out of 5. Can’t see the hazzard because its a pixelated blob in the distance, only when I’m about to hit it does it turn into something I can recognise.

was CGi for me in Basildon

Yes its cgi to improve quality :smiley:, it’s not that bad, I got a score of 85.

nomininolife:
Yes its cgi to improve quality :smiley:, it’s not that bad, I got a score of 85.

Then you didn’t kill enough zombie pedestrians! :smiley:

And other than the pedestrians, I thought it was faultless and clearer than the real thing, as I felt it had better contrast.

Definitely better than the practice videos I had to use.