Haz Goods Ferrys

Hi can anyone help? Ihave got to take next week 20.0t haz Goods (Class 6) to England from Germany does anybody know which Ports in Holland,Belguim or France dont allow Haz goods on the Ferrys thanks Geoff

it would be best to get in touch with the ferry companies directly to find out if they carry class 6 and what rules apply, they may only carry it at night on uncrowded ferrys that have been booked in advance, I have never done ADR, but know that all ferry co’s have differing rules, also try the shuttle, they do carry certain hazardous goods, but I don’t know which ones

You will need the signed DG notes to verify packing groups and proper shipping name as these make a difference to the ferrys as sometimes a load can be carried as deck cargo on a freighter but not a passenger vessel. 12 drivers are easier to replace than a ferry load of school kids

pg 3 is less hazardous than pg 1

I know that Sea France and P & O carry haz loads. Usualy as deck cargo. They like you to book in advance and then you book in at the offices not the booths. Not normally a problem if you just turn up, but it takes longer to book in. Also, when prebooking, they can tell you which boats you can use, which saves you from just missing the one you want and then a 2 hour wait for the next one which can take you. I’ve done it.